Why does the Dashboard bring Azureus transfers to a halt?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Easy to reproduce, and very puzzling.. have Azureus open transferring some file. Then hit F12 and activate the dashboard and you can see the Azureus window in the background drop to 0 k/s, and when you return it's still that way and has to build back up again to the speed it had before you were in the Dashboard.

I find this behavior bizarre because OS X is multitasking.

Not sure if it's just Java that gets killed, or anything involving file transfer gets killed when Dashboard is open.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    My Azureus ( 2.4.0.3_b48 ) stays up fine when the Dashboard is opened. Maybe you have a conflict with a specific dashboard widget.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Azureus doesn't do that with me either. What widgets do you have open?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I tested, and Endymion was right.

Airtrafficcontrol (sp) was the widget responsible.. removing it discontinues that behavior.. I'll let the author know it conflicts.

So that takes care of that problem..

and my custom Az b48 using the latest SWTs (get it from Eclipse 3.2r7 or something) also takes care of a GUI glitch too..

If you guys know how to stop Azureus from eating up all my free ram and begin paging out let me know. It's a bit crazy, this is a 1 gig comp. Not sure if it's Java eating the ram, or the program itself.