Leopard - A Creative Challenge

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi there. With the increasing fake pics and videos appearing all over the net; who would be interested in actually giving the people what they want and making a quick Video Mock-Up of the features people want to see?

There are some very creative people on these forums and It would be nice if we could all chip in (one person per feature) and then assemble it in Director or something. It could be done in a week.

Any takers?

There are a ton of things we could cover, we could break the challenge down into these areas:

VoIP, GPS Mapping, Spotlight, Automator, Dashboard, Dock with Increased Animaton (Icons), Finder, iCal and Address Book merge or revamp, Windows API, Boot Camp, About This Mac, Whiteboard Sharing, Resolution Independence ETC ETC

We could post our screenshots on this forum to be assembled by a Director guru.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hanenthanent Posts: 19member
    Why would you want to do that?

There's enough confusion with all these fake pics and videos.

I say just wait till Aug 7 for the real thing.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hanent

Why would you want to do that?

There's enough confusion with all these fake pics and videos.

I say just wait till Aug 7 for the real thing.

- I totally understand what you are getting at. But this is a harmless mock-up exercise. I'm sure intelligent people would be able to distinguish between the two. All we have to do is label the project with the words 'Mock-Up' and/or Pre-Visualization and then give a short description of what we have produced.

It would be good to compare our Wants and Needs to what is actually released.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dazabrit

Hi there. With the increasing fake pics and videos appearing all over the net; who would be interested in actually giving the people what they want and making a quick Video Mock-Up of the features people want to see?

There are some very creative people on these forums and It would be nice if we could all chip in (one person per feature) and then assemble it in Director or something. It could be done in a week.

Any takers?

There are a ton of things we could cover, we could break the challenge down into these areas:

VoIP, GPS Mapping, Spotlight, Automator, Dashboard, Dock with Increased Animaton (Icons), Finder, iCal and Address Book merge or revamp, Windows API, Boot Camp, About This Mac, Whiteboard Sharing, Resolution Independence ETC ETC

We could post our screenshots on this forum to be assembled by a Director guru.

How sad.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    - True
  • Reply 5 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    How to: Create your own Leopard screenshots/videos

Handy for all those noob rumormongers out there!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    That is genius
  • Reply 7 of 8
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Could quite a bit of fun also

• Reply 8 of 8
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    I'm of the opinion that all future Mac OS revisions should be named after effeminate articles of clothing.

Mac OS 10.5 Leotard.