Apple re-releases Mac OS X 10.4.7 for Intel?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    the "new" 133 meg. updater gives me build # 8J2135a
  • Reply 22 of 51
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Apple had a brain fart. It does take a little getting use to you know, and remembering that we have Macs running on Intels.
  • Reply 23 of 51
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    This is why it pays to wait a few days, and find out what problems come with the update. There are always going to be some problems. Read Macfixit.com, and Macintouch.com to find out if they affect you. They may, and they may not.

A problem like this is universal (no pun intended) though. Everyone with an Intel machine could have a problem down the line from an Opel GL error.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    So what happens if you have the original updater downloaded? My build shows 8J2135. Is it possible to still update to the 8J2135a? How to you get the fixes they forgot to update?
  • Reply 25 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Getting kinda sloppy as of late.

This sounds like the kind of mistake Microsoft would make.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

There is no 'a' at the end of my build number of the standalone combo update from yesterday.

In the pursuit of knowledge, I'm re-downloading the combo update right now. I'll reinstall and see if I'm still at the same build number.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe this issue only involves files missing in the delta upgrade. I don't expect to see any change in my build number after re-applying the combo.

There isn't since (as you say) it's only the Delta upgrade that's changed.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Hah! That will teach you Intel people that went Intel...!! muah haha hha hahh h aha h

Sincerely,

PowerPC.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    It doesn't seem to have been a significant omission... just some tweaks to OpenGL. There have been a few updates since .7. I don't see why they had to go back and update .7 instead of just sending this out as another update.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Apple had a brain fart. It does take a little getting use to you know, and remembering that we have Macs running on Intels.

I gotta say this article makes me glad I'm sticking with 10.3.9 until 10.5.1 is released.

Speaking of 10.5, only one month to the WWDC!

8)
  • Reply 30 of 51
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jamezog

I gotta say this article makes me glad I'm sticking with 10.3.9 until 10.5.1 is released.

Dude, get with the program 10.4.7 is where the *MAC LOVE* is at, yo. And TehSnappy(tm).... you gotta have TehSnappy, man. It's like tasty yummy melted ice cream that's still cold but like smooth and creamy. mmmmmmm
  • Reply 31 of 51
    That said, you suckas can get in on 10.5.0 and work out all the bugs muah ah aha hah hahah
  • Reply 32 of 51
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jamezog

Speaking of 10.5, only one month to the WWDC!

But you'll have to wait until 10.5.8 at least, and then 10.6 is just around the corner
  • Reply 33 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

That said, you suckas can get in on 10.5.0 and work out all the bugs muah ah aha hah hahah

i quite liked 10.4.0, without its stupid fugley widget manager. I am going to pre-order 10.5, and put it on as soon as i can.
  • Reply 34 of 51
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

But you'll have to wait until 10.5.8 at least, and then 10.6 is just around the corner

Yeah, that's the downside of Apple's frequent updates. Every time I think, "ooh, I should buy that," my next thought is "but why? I can live without it, and they're just going to release a newer version of it next year, anyway." I figure it's better (cheaper at least) to wait until my system becomes archaic, and then do a full upgrade. I will concede that that's totally uncool, and I'm sure my Mac is feeling quite neglected, but when Leopard is released, I'll be a hundred bucks smarter, 'cuz I didn't buy Tiger.

Or maybe I'm just a total miz0r-n00b...
  • Reply 35 of 51
    majortommajortom Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham Samawi

So what happens if you have the original updater downloaded? My build shows 8J2135. Is it possible to still update to the 8J2135a? How to you get the fixes they forgot to update?

Just re-download it and re-apply it. It will work. Got X-Plane going from 36 to 47 fps.
  • Reply 36 of 51
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,241member
    The world sure has changed. Some people are so quick to pass judgement and point out the mistakes of others. OS X is a very complex combination of files, and a mistake like this is bound to happen once in a blue moon. The important thing is that they noticed it and corrected it right away. That's what matters here, grouchos.
  • Reply 37 of 51
    I downloaded the delta using Software Update a few days ago, I think before Apple realized the error. So I should just download the 133MB thing in Apple's Support Site?
  • Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by mheekowh

I downloaded the delta using Software Update a few days ago, I think before Apple realized the error. So I should just download the 133MB thing in Apple's Support Site?

I think so, yes.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    mheekowhmheekowh Posts: 2member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

I think so, yes.

Thanks!

Is there any word on pre-ordering Leopard?
  • Reply 40 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by mheekowh

Is there any word on pre-ordering Leopard?

No, not yet. Not until August, when the World Wide Developers Conference is held. Leopard will be previewed there, and more information will be given.