scrolling since 10.4.7

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was disappointed to find that the recent 10.4.7 update made two-fingered-touchpad-scrolling extremely jerky in Safari. In order to make sure that I wasn't just imagining it, I got a copy of 10.4.6's Safari for comparison, and there is a definite difference. Check it out for yourselves:

1. Open a relatively simple site that has more content than will fit in the window (like forums.macnn.com) in 10.4.7's Safari.

2. Scroll around with two fingers on the touchpad. Do it smoothly, up and down.

3. Download http://tomchu.com/Safari_10.4.6.zip, extract, and run.

4. Open the same site in the older instance of Safari, scroll around some more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Have you tried to download the updated 10.4.7 update (or the Combo?). Some OpenGL files were missing in the 10.4.7 Delta update.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    equinoxequinox Posts: 43member
    Yeah, tried it but with no success. This really annoys me...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by equinox

I was disappointed to find that the recent 10.4.7 update made two-fingered-touchpad-scrolling extremely jerky in Safari.

I may be wrong on this, but I have noticed since 10.4.7 When I visit a site and scroll down the page (say engadget) before the site is finished loading Safari no longer jumps back up to the top of the site when the address bar/site finishes loading. This maybe related to why you're experiencing problems with your scrolling. My iMac and mouse don't have this issue, but I suspect a MacBook's trackpad could be different, as I use the the side-bar for scrolling. Hope this helps!