Creating my own blog (without iWeb)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know of an easy to use program for creating my own blog? I never use blog sites like xanga or myspace, but I still want to try to create a blog. Most of the programs i have looked at either have really complicated instructions or require kind of a lot of knowledge of different types of code that I have no previous knowledge of.

I do somewhat like iWeb's simplicity and I figure I could always buy a domain name and have it redirect itself to the .mac URL for my site, but I still would like to see if anyone out there knows of another program I can try that might assist me in building my own site.

Either way, thank you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    iBlog?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    About as easy as it gets Word Press it will require you to have a MySQL database but it's literally a 2 min install, and there are thousands of skins available for it. Best of all it's FREE (open source based).
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    WordPress is what you want. Tools like iBlog are nice, but they don't offer much in terms of customization, plugins, skins, etc.

Go with WordPress.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    chikarachikara Posts: 116member
    Ok I guess I will try see if I can figure out how to use that.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Blogger.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Wordpress. Check out my two blogs here and here for examples of what can be done. Same basic software, two completely different sites.

And yes, you can get a free blog account, already set up, through wordpress.org
  • Reply 7 of 9
    drumsticksdrumsticks Posts: 315member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Wordpress. Check out my two blogs here and here for examples of what can be done. Same basic software, two completely different sites.

And yes, you can get a free blog account, already set up, through wordpress.org

You mean through wordpress.com
  • Reply 8 of 9
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    er, yeah.