Re-arrange login items?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
How do I re-arrange the login items in the Accounts Preference Pane?

I've seen to have forgotten.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I believe Tiger removed this capability (presumably a bug).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Oh, man. Thanks, anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I read up a little further on it and it seems that this is a deliberate change; apparently, login items are all launched at the same time in Tiger, so there is no more order.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Oh, OK. Thannks.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

I read up a little further on it and it seems that this is a deliberate change; apparently, login items are all launched at the same time in Tiger, so there is no more order.

It can make it more difficult to have non-Apple menu items appear in the order you want them. You basically just have to remove some items and add them again in the order you like.

Although this is really part of another issue... it would be nice if Apple allowed 3rd-party developers access to the function or whatever that allows users to move menu items. I understand if Apple wants all their items (or certain items) to be right-most, but its annoying when you have to close and re-open things in a certain order to have things arranged to your liking.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by nathan22t

Although this is really part of another issue... it would be nice if Apple allowed 3rd-party developers access to the function or whatever that allows users to move menu items. I understand if Apple wants all their items (or certain items) to be right-most, but its annoying when you have to close and re-open things in a certain order to have things arranged to your liking.

It's an implementation problem. I've recently tried to explain in detail, on my blog.