Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Blatantly fake but nice idea!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teB3cgZGcw

Denver

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Very interesting video. We all know it's fake, but that genie still looks cool even that small. Someday, this will be possible though. I would be amazing, truly amazing!!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    THE SCROLL BAR IS RUNNING AWAY! HE CAN'T KEEP UP!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Funny.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    It's not out of the question now. A samsung S3C2440, which is in many smart phones and PDAs, has better integer performance than a 500MHz G3. Now, it doesn't have an FPU, but anyway...

Even so, some of you may have used the Opie environment on iPaq Linux. It's actually pretty damn slick. I have an iPaq at work that is actually useful as a portable 'nix console. I think it may be the only case of an iPaq actually being useful.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Clever.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Totally fake, but that looked so cool. I have no need what so ever of OS X on an iPod that I can think of, but just watching that was kinda magical.

Imagine the implications. Every one with an iPod having OS X..... Just might make them all think about getting a Mac...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Totally fake, but that looked so cool. I have no need what so ever of OS X on an iPod that I can think of, but just watching that was kinda magical.

Imagine the implications. Every one with an iPod having OS X..... Just might make them all think about getting a Mac...

You're not the only one who thought that. It's kinda like switching without knowing it.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    More a General Discussion thread me thinks..... moving there now.

b.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    oh men i want to bring it home haha
  • Reply 10 of 13
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    iPods can play videos now. Remember? \

- Xidius
  • Reply 11 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

iPods can play videos now. Remember? \

- Xidius

Thanks, none of us had figured that out. We thought it was running Mac OS X!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    mr skillsmr skills Posts: 144member
    I think the coolest thing about this is how he managed to sync his movements with the video. Must have taken quite some practising! There's a funny bit at the end where he presses a button too early, so turns it into a 'triple-click' to compensate

Definite bonus points for being the coolest Leopard fake out there at the mo
  • Reply 13 of 13
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Skills

I think the coolest thing about this is how he managed to sync his movements with the video. Must have taken quite some practising!

The sad part is all the time he spent practising was a bit of a waste - he was obviously out of sync most of the time.