Mighty Mouse

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The scroll ball on my MM will not work when scrolling down; but it works fine up, left and right. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I would be greatful.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I have sweaty hands. This happens all the time.

Get some isopropanol from you local drug store or grocery store. It's cheap stuff. In the states, at least, it is available in 70% and 91% versions. I use the 91% stuff as after-shave and would suggest it if only because I haven't tried the 70%

Get a rag or paper towel. Wet it with the alcohol (more than just damp). Roll the ball around for a minute on two using the alcohol soaked rag. At some point you'll probably notice some gunk coming out.

Alcohol evaporates quickly, cuts grease, and is non-polar. You can even clean the ball while the mouse is plugged in and the computer on.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    OR.. why not help design a new one. here The existing design is flawed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I find that pressing down on the ball with some force and scrolling around with it sometimes helps loosen it up a bit...not excessive force, but more than usual.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I suppose it's worth noting that the actual documentation recommends using soapy water. Forgot about that. It just takes a while to dry.