10.4.7 killed my trackpad on my MBP and G4 iBook WTF????

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
As the title reads. yesterday I installed 10.4.7 after much debate and it killed my trackpad. I didn't realize this at the time. Then I installed .7 on my iBook and my trackpad is dead on my G4 iBook.

The track pad didn't die until the reboot after the install reboot took place.

Has this happened to anyone else????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

If this happened on both your machines it's likely you're running something like an extension that has caused a conflict.

Agreed... There have not been many comments regarding issues with trackpads after upgrading to .7. The odds of having the same problem on both your machines are very slim indeed unless you have something else installed that was broken by the update. Although this doesn't help with your problem... Have you been able to get it working again?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    my track pad is work when i upgrade to 10.4.7.

pbg4 1.5
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    The iBook is working again. The update deleted my trackpad confugration tab in System Preferences. It tooks several reboots and magic but it finally came back.

My MBP has been repaired and I am waiting on them to ship it back. It went DOA and the iBook trackpad just happened to have a glitch at the same time.

The support guy on the phone about my MBP seemed to think I would get a new computer since I have the buzzing sound so many complain about with a dead trackpad. We will see what happens when it gets back to me. Hopefully on Monday.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    10.4.7 made the trackpad of my 15" MBP better... I finally got the two-finger right click option.

To emphasize what tonton said, perhaps its an extension you have installed? Perhaps something specifically to extend trackpad capabilities?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

10.4.7 made the trackpad of my 15" MBP better... I finally got the two-finger right click option.

To emphasize what tonton said, perhaps its an extension you have installed? Perhaps something specifically to extend trackpad capabilities?

I haven't installed anything but programs like Omni stuff and office. Not sure what caused it.