Buying a 2ghz MacBook...any chance of playing World Of Warcraft on it?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Or am I doomed in trying?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gamringamrin Posts: 114member
    I run the Mac version of WoW on my black Macbook with 2 GB of RAM. It runs fine (20 to 30 fps) on low to medium settings, but it runs *a lot* better on my friend's 15" MBP. On my Macbook, I can do 40-man raids without significant stutter and the new graphics drivers in Apple's latest OS update increased my framerates by 5-10, which is particularly easy to notice in busy areas like Ironforge. For everyday WoW usage, a Macbook will be fine. Just don't expect to have all the visual bells and whistles.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    navyusanavyusa Posts: 35member
    Alright yeah thats perfect, I don't mind having it on the lowest settings, as long as its playable.

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I just want to had that Wow simply shines on my MBP 17". First time ever I've played a game this quality on a mac with no lags at all, whatsoever.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Blizzard is quite supportive of the mac platform. It probably won't be long before there's an Intel native version, anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    There already is.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    It should run reasonably well. Hell, I'm still using my old 1.25G G4 MDD PM.... till I see my new replacement