wait a second..... black macbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have been reading all the reviews on the macbook, and have been on the verge of buying a black macbook for about 2 weeks.... so today I read a review with the macbook and apple remote and realized that the apple remote isn't black, but the standard white! is the powercable the same way??? if I am going to spend an extra $150 for just having the 'pleasure' of having a BLACK macbook I would EXPECT apple to have a matching powercable and remote!!!! it's got to look terrible with a white power cord and black notebook!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I believe the cable, adapters and remote are, indeed, white.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    jfs9900jfs9900 Posts: 6member
    look like it ... i found some images of opened macbooks on ebay and the black models have white power cables....

wouldn't that look silly? i am surpized this isn't a bigger complaint!
  • Reply 3 of 26
    I was thinking about that too. I knew the Remote was white but the cords! That is pretty sad, really.

Also is there a magnet for the Remote like there is on the iMac? If not I would lose it in a day...
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow Slayer 26

Also is there a magnet for the Remote like there is on the iMac? If not I would lose it in a day...

No. Adding a magnet to a laptop that's strong enough* to hold the remote while not affecting laptop operation would be prohibitively difficult. With the iMac, there's enough space?

*) Before you point out the MagSafe magnet, or the lid magnet: those would be far too weak, as you can easily test yourself by trying to attach the remote to them.

What I would like is a slot you can slide the remote into to keep it.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    So you just have to hold the remote when you bring your laptop with you, say to the other side of your house? That sucks.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Yes, I'm afraid so. If there's a better solution (for the MBP), let me know, since it bugs me too.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    A can of black spraypaint will solve the color problem.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    The only thing that is black is the battery and the computer. The remote and cables are all white.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    drxcmdrxcm Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Yes, I'm afraid so. If there's a better solution (for the MBP), let me know, since it bugs me too.

A good idea would be a little pouch it could go in, that strapped onto the powercord with velcro or something.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Apple is going to release the "Black Power" edition which will have a black power supply and cord in addition to the black MacBook itself.

Only an additional $50 for the MacBook Black Power Edition.

And through September 1, there will be the "Black To School Special" wherein every Black Power Edition MacBook will include a black iPod nano.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    dansgildansgil Posts: 62member
    Why is everyone so concerned about the fact that the cables & remote are white? Personally, I like the contrast. I think the reason that the accessories are white is for simplicity. Apple doesn't want to have to make 2 versions of each accessory.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    The only reason the cable isn't black is because apple thought it more logical to make remotes match the color that most people will have. Why should they make a totally different product for a fraction of the macbooks?
  • Reply 13 of 26
    waneawanea Posts: 62member
    they are white yes..so, whats the problem ? white never looked bad with black. Some people have way too issues
  • Reply 14 of 26
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jfs9900

wouldn't that look silly? i am surpized this isn't a bigger complaint!

People are dying in Darfur and you choose to bitch about this shit.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    What, you've never whined about something trivial in your entire life?
  • Reply 16 of 26
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    While they're at it... they should make the white Apple logo on the lid black too... it doesn't match the rest of the MacBook... it's such an eye-sore. :-)
  • Reply 17 of 26
    well i think the white really complements the black. i have a black macbook but a white ipod, and i think it looks great. matching stuff is very old school. variety is the spice of life!
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Understandable that this is quite a petty post to some but if I was paying that much xtra for a Blackbook I too would expect matching accessories. I'm surprised that Apple even made the batteries black
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow Slayer 26

The magnets to keep the lid closed (top screen corners) are indeed strong enough to hold the remote. Granted the laptop has to be open ...
  • Reply 20 of 26
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Of course, you could always order the U2 Special Red Remote to go with the your new machine... just costs a little extra. Anyone for a Flower MacBook?