I need my Macbook Pro before Aug. 28th, is it worth waiting?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I want (need) it as soon as possible, but I'm worried the new 2.33ghz chips or the new Memrom (sp?) will release right after I buy it. How long is to long to wait? Or am I just waiting for nothing, and these updates will most likely happen in October like previous reports?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Buy it if you need it. If you're not going to use it for anything that really pushes the processor--like heavy gaming, 3D animation, high-end video editing, etc--you'll likely not even notice the speed boost. Since that's really all that's rumored to change, I'd say pick one up now if blistering speed isn't an issue for you.

If it is, I don't really know what to say. Tough decision.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    What are the delivery dates on new machines? Two days for stock, two weeks (at most) for customized builds?

Wait until August 14th if you want a custom computer or August 25th for a stock machine...

Note: I don't have a calendar in front of me so if there is a weekend or three in there my timings may be off...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

What are the delivery dates on new machines? Two days for stock, two weeks (at most) for customized builds?

Wait until August 14th if you want a custom computer or August 25th for a stock machine...

Note: I don't have a calendar in front of me so if there is a weekend or three in there my timings may be off...

Sounds good. I need the machine for some heavy stuff (physics simulators, Catia) and the such. Also I'd like to boot into Windows to play some rather intensive gaming. So a 2.33ghz would be nice... Is all this talk of a faster Yonah true?