Software removal (apple uninstaller)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have some software that I would like to get rid of off my G5. How do I go about removing them properly. Do I just delete the application folders? But that won't get rid of other folders or whatever else that application had on my computer (that weren't in the application's folder), right? Does apple have an uninstaller program or are there better programs out there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Jordan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Deleting the bundle and/or folder in /Applications will get rid of the app in question, but support files may still be lingering around. Usually, a Spotlight query for the app's name should provide you with the relevant files.

Alternatively, you can use the commercial AppZapper.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    AppZapper is a very cool application remover. Take a look at www.appzapper.com

EDIT: didn't read the end of Chucker's post. Whatever, now you get the link.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    thanks everyone for the info/help. but apple doesnt have an uninstaller? well, besides dragging the app to the trash of course, heh.

-jordan
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JordanEatWorld

thanks everyone for the info/help. but apple doesnt have an uninstaller? well, besides dragging the app to the trash of course, heh.

-jordan

no need for it.

--B