My PowerBook got fried

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My PowerBook got fried during a thunderstorm when lightening directly hit the transformer to my house. In any event the insurance claim will replace the cost of a new one. Anyone have a new Black MacBook? Any problems with it? Or should I go for the MacBook Pro? Or are there still issues with it? Thanks for your comments.

Update: Took my Power Book to an authorized dealer during lunch. Turns out it was only the power adapter that got fried. So its good my notebook is fine and data in tact, but sucks that I dont get a new machine either.... oh well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

My PowerBook got fried during a thunderstorm when lightening directly hit the transformer to my house. In any event the insurance claim will replace the cost of a new one. Anyone have a new Black MacBook? Any problems with it? Or should I go for the MacBook Pro? Or are there still issues with it? Thanks for your comments.

Love my MacBook Pro 15". I am glad though that I didn't get the 17" though, because I do move it around a lot. The 17" is quite big for a lot of carrying around in my opinion. My only hardware issue (complaint?) is that the trackpad seems a little nerotic. Sometimes it is sooo sensitive and other times I have to pound the thing to understand a click. However, the is my first laptop with a trackpad, so I don't know if that is inherent in all trackpads or something unique about mine. Haven't heard many similar complaints. \
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have a black macbook and a 17" MBP. The latter is not portable, it is more like a mobile desktop -- but that is why I bought it.

I really do think that the Black MB is the best portable notebook Apple has ever made. I had used 15" powerbooks for years, but this beats it.

People will complain about the graphics, but to be honest, if you are doing any major gaming you can use a console or a desktop.