simple software like photoshop/MS PAINT

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i'm a new mac user and was wondering if there were any programs for macs that were similar to PAINT in windows. just a simple program that could be used to edit pictures, etc.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You can edit pictures with iPhoto, which is part of Apple's iLife software. There is also a program called Seashore.

If you don't mind using X11, you can install Gimp or Gimpshop, whuch are Photoshop alternatives.

For a Paint alternative, there is Teal. For X11, there's a vector drawing program called Inkscape.

You can find these at macupdate.com, or versiontracker.com/macosx .
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Pixen is hidden gem I found recently. It's an app that's more like MS Paint than any others I've seen on the Mac. It's also free which is cool.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

Pixen is hidden gem I found recently. It's an app that's more like MS Paint than any others I've seen on the Mac. It's also free which is cool.

Thanks alot!!! I downloaded the software last night and I love it, its really easy to use and has a lot of feature that paint doesn't have, not to mention that it looks a lot nicer than paint

I believe that Apple should offer this software on every Mac, I was a bit surprised not to find a Paint program to use when I got my first Mac 2 Months ago.

Again thanks for the link