Wobbly 17" incher's? whats the deal?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just ordered my 17" iMac. . . Is it true that the screen. . .wobbles?!?!. . . This is awful news, should I cancel the order and wait till they fix it?

Does the 17" iMac have any other problems i should know about? This really sucks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by xionja:

<strong>I just ordered my 17" iMac. . . Is it true that the screen. . .wobbles?!?!. . . This is awful news, should I cancel the order and wait till they fix it?

Does the 17" iMac have any other problems i should know about? This really sucks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it doesn't wobble on its own

when you adjust the display it has a bit too much play and you can wobble it to the corners a bit. 15 inchers do the same but its magnified with the bigger display. Apparantly its normal, they are all like that but to me it just doesn't seem right.

nothing to return it or cancel the order about but definitely comething that makes a feel a bit "flimsy"
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yeah, definitely not a problem worth cancelling an order for. When I bought my iMac for college four years ago, it had a blurry blemish in the plastic at the top of the monitor. I really didn't care that much. When I got my QuickSilver last January, it had faint discoloration near one of the bezels. Again, that wasn't enough for me to care, really.

I originally thought the wobble was a defect, but now I'm thinking it might be there intentionally...to relieve some stress from the joint.

The only things that really bug me...

1) The possibility of my sister's TiBook paint chipping...

2) The scratches my 20 GB iPod has after 2 weeks of ownership!