leopardvision.com < If interested, let me know

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
www.leopardvision.com

www.leopard-vision.com

Anybody interested in getting your hands on these two domains, let me know.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    That's alright, they're pretty shitty.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

You're sweet.
  • Reply 3 of 43
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Ye, I don't think you'll get top dollar for them. Since when did this become a marketplace anyway?
  • Reply 4 of 43
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Waitaminnit.... is this the Classifieds section?.. uh...

(...furiously trying to find "mod down"...)
  • Reply 5 of 43
    If you're not interested, then let this thread slip away to oblivion, i.e. don't reply.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    No, it should stay at the top as a reminder of your entrepreneurial failure.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    Quote:

Cheers!
  • Reply 8 of 43
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

The next major update to the iMac will be in January at Macworld '07. There will be the addition of a black model.

I'm guessing you're trying to getting some cash together so you can buy your black iMac thats coming out in January?
  • Reply 9 of 43
    Quote:

That wasn't necessary..
  • Reply 10 of 43
    It wasn't necessary for man to land on the moon either.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Placebo

Boy, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed (alone as usual)....
  • Reply 12 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by sunilraman

Quote:

Boy, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed (alone as usual)....

Nice to know there's normal people around
  • Reply 13 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by erbium

That wasn't necessary..

So, i'm not alone. Thank you.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Just a hint...

8: Spamming will not be tolerated. Spamming can be defined as either posting excessively with no content or with commercial intent. Neither definition is acceptable here. In general, do not use the forums for personal gain or to boost your post count.

• Reply 15 of 43
    ooooh fun!

I love these threads where the topic is lame and yet somehow people find things to rant about.. and the whole thing just becomes a back and forth game of throwing insults..
  • Reply 16 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by erbium

ooooh fun!

I love these threads where the topic is lame and yet somehow people find things to rant about.. and the whole thing just becomes a back and forth game of throwing insults..

You're partaking so be quiet.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MiMac

8: Spamming will not be tolerated. Spamming can be defined as either posting excessively with no content or with commercial intent. Neither definition is acceptable here. In general, do not use the forums for personal gain or to boost your post count.

That guidline could be read as "Spamming can be defined as... posting excessively with... commercial intent."

As Ireland's post was not excessive it may not be considered "Spamming"

That said, this might have gone to AppleOutsider, that's where For Sale stuff is advertised sometimes -- I thought I read somewhere (though it no longer seems to be in the guidelines) that if you genuinely have been around the boards for a while, For Sale type posts are okay -- You know, as long as you didn't purposely join the forums to advertise.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    Perhaps I'm just being naive and/or stupid, but why would someone buy that?
  • Reply 19 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

For Sale type posts are okay -- You know, as long as you didn't purposely join the forums to advertise.

Well I did post over 1000 posts before this one, Just sayin'
  • Reply 20 of 43
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by maimezvous

Perhaps I'm just being naive and/or stupid, but why would someone buy that?

Well, when you have a company, you need to give it a unique name of some sort. I'm sure there's quite a few companies out there called "Leopard Vision", "Tiger Vision" (definitely), "Panther Vision".

Vision is a favourite choice for companies, because they want to show they are forward looking and all that. Tiger, Panther, well, we all know they are sexy cat names, and can even be applied to something unexpected like computer operating systems.

Have none of you questioned "Leopard" as the next OS X name? I'm actually not a huge fan of the name, but as an Apple fan I like the unexpected in that name, you know, Leopard spots, tribal look/feel, a Leopard normally can't change it spots, and all that stuff that comes to mind.

Leopard Vision is not such a bad name for a company name, it doesn't have to be a brand name. There's all sorts of company names like "excel star corporation", "cargill foods" (wtf is "cargill"), "BCS Enterprise", and... well, too many generic sounding company names.

The brand name is what is important, like iMac, Pontiac, Saturn, Prius, Helix, Zuji, Groove, Zuma, etc...

Any of you guys that have any real business or marketing experience will understand the difficulty in choosing and registering a unique company name, let alone brand names that attract your target market. And all companies need a website nowadays.

For us AppleInsiders "Leopard Vision" has no cachet ("brand value") because we are only now exposed to it, and probably it doesn't attract us as a target market... but doesn't mean there aren't companies out there called Leopard Vision.

Ireland's only problem is how to reach his target market for people that might buy the domain name - either existing companies/ brands called Leopard Vision or some people setting up a business, small med large, who need a name.