____ Alt and Delete.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So today I decided to reorganize my CD collection because I had CD's lying around everyone and I didn't want them to break. While I was moving a stack of jewel cases I dropped about 5 of them on my MacBook. At first everything appeared to be fine. But then, I found a small plastic wafer on top of one of my CDs. Lo and behold it was my ctrl key. It had broken off when I accidently dropped my jewel cases on the laptop. I've done a brief search on Google, and one on AI, but I haven't found any results on how to put it back together. Could anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You just be able to position it and push down (with a little bit of pressure) until it snaps in. My cat took f2 off of an old powerbook and that is how I got it back on, it was good as new.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

You just be able to position it and push down (with a little bit of pressure) until it snaps in. My cat took f2 off of an old powerbook and that is how I got it back on, it was good as new.

Thank you. When I first tried that it didn't work so I posted here. When you gave me the advice to just push it back in, I tried again. This time with the aid of a magnifying glass I discovered that I had somehow messed up the plastic support the key clicks onto. I messed around with that and got it fixed, and then pushed the key down. Voila, fixed!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Good job! It is a terrible feeling until you finally get it back on .
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

Good job! It is a terrible feeling until you finally get it back on .

Yes, I felt like throwing up when I first discovered that I couldn't fix it, haha.