.Mac Updates...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have .Mac right now, and it's pretty okay. I love having the instant (almost instant anyways) easy, one-click publishing with iWeb to .Mac. That is amazing.

But we do pay as much as normal web hosting costs. Do you think it's about time Apple will introduce 1TB Bandwidth and more storage?

Cause 1GB and 10GB bandwitdh is pretty weak.

www.ar4wyinc.com

I want to host videos, but then i'm afraid that if i get more traffic, that i'll go over the limit for bandwidth.

Anyways, does anyone know anything about .Mac being updated at WWDC?\\

EDIT

When a podcast on a iWeb site gets uploaded to iTunes. Does iTunes have its own server, or does the dling off itunes download of the iweb site, killing bandwidth?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    I believe the Podcasts you see on the iTunes Music Store are only links to where the podcasts are hosted which is usually your web site.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ar4wyar4wy Posts: 33member
    anyone have some hope for the .Mac update?

Cause there is hosting for $10 a year, 750GB Bandwidth, 20GB at netfirms with my coupon and it expires July 31st, and WWDC is aug7 and i'm torn between the two.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

I believe the Podcasts you see on the iTunes Music Store are only links to where the podcasts are hosted which is usually your web site.[

Actually, Apple does server-side caching of podcast contents.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ar4wyar4wy Posts: 33member
    Me being a n00b lol...that would mean it doesn't eat up my bandwidth when dled off iTunes?