Apple's wireless Mighty Mouse revealed (photos)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 112
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Yeah Apple has the most retarded mouses. I mean seriously. How come Microsoft can beat them at this? Didn't they freakin invent the thing!? How embarassing. It's just so... WRONG. And frankly, puzzling.

Mouses?
  • Reply 22 of 112
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I'm tired.
  • Reply 23 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by West

Am I the only one that noticed that the little user manual says its a laser mouse, not optical? That?s a good improvement.

That would explain why there is only a little circle on this and a hole at least double the size on the current bluetooth mouse (where the sensors are).
  • Reply 24 of 112
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Mouses?

"Mouses" is not incorrect in a computing context.
  • Reply 25 of 112
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    I'd like to purchase the bluetooth version of Logitech's MX1000. Too bad it's available only as pat of the MX5000 kit.
  • Reply 26 of 112
    tetzel1517tetzel1517 Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Double negatives are not correct in any context.
  • Reply 27 of 112
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Yeah Apple has the most retarded mouses. I mean seriously.

How come Microsoft can beat them at this? Didn't they freakin invent the thing!?

No.
  • Reply 28 of 112
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Not so mighty mouse. I am sick of not being able to use the left and right buttons at the same time. Why would you, you ask. Well in games with sniper I can look down a scope and fire. With the Not so Mighty Mouse you can't do that. Also if you could use both at once then you can program it to act like an extra button when you press both down. Unless they solve this problem I will continue to use my Belkin Bluetooth mouse. It big but so is my hand and it works great under windows (boot camp... yay).
  • Reply 29 of 112
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tetzel1517

Double negatives are not correct in any context.

Um, yes, they can be.
  • Reply 30 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Strawberry

My Mighty Mouse is held together by sellotape I've cracked it open so many times to get the crud off the scroll ball wheels. Really bad design. Good idea if you wear latex gloves on your mouse hand.

Que? I don't have one, but I'm guessing the 'rubber' attracts and holds dirt?
  • Reply 31 of 112
    Thank god, I have been wanting an apple style two button mouse .
  • Reply 32 of 112
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ALPICH

Not so mighty mouse. I am sick of not being able to use the left and right buttons at the same time. Why would you, you ask. Well in games with sniper I can look down a scope and fire. With the Not so Mighty Mouse you can't do that. Also if you could use both at once then you can program it to act like an extra button when you press both down. Unless they solve this problem I will continue to use my Belkin Bluetooth mouse. It big but so is my hand and it works great under windows (boot camp... yay).

Well, it never seems to be a problem in the games I play ... hold the right-click to zoom in, push left-click to fire ... I dunno, I've just never had problems. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I love the mighty mouse. It's the right size for my hand and feels like a mouse should. I hate wacky curves, obtrusive balls and needless grips.

Long live the Mighty Mouse. It will continue to get better, just as the iPod and the Mac have over the years...
  • Reply 33 of 112
    mr.scottmr.scott Posts: 124member
    Ah, a mouse with no tail.

• Reply 34 of 112
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Oh dear god. Next we'll talking about mooses and deers.
  • Reply 35 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Oh dear god. Next we'll talking about mooses and deers.

And Oxen and boxen!
  • Reply 36 of 112
    wow! i can't wait to own an <M6>!
  • Reply 37 of 112
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jdcfsu

And Oxen and boxen!

Ugh. That whole "boxen" thing makes me cringe.
  • Reply 38 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by jdcfsu

And Oxen and boxen!

Nice.

Hey fielder fielder!
  • Reply 39 of 112
    niksternikster Posts: 14member
    Now, if they made a Mighty Mouse that didn't suck we would have a product!

I own a MM - couldn't resist the design. The scroll ball is brilliant. But the lack of right click makes it useless for me, or at the very least much less useful than my Logitech.

To quote a dear friend of mine: "You'd have to be a Cambodian dancer for the motion of raising your index finger to right click to be natural..."

Great design, but it's obvious John Ive never right-clicks.
  • Reply 40 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by nikster

Now, if they made a Mighty Mouse that didn't suck we would have a product!

I own a MM - couldn't resist the design. The scroll ball is brilliant. But the lack of right click makes it useless for me, or at the very least much less useful than my Logitech.

To quote a dear friend of mine: "You'd have to be a Cambodian dancer for the motion of raising your index finger to right click to be natural..."

Great design, but it's obvious John Ive never right-clicks.

Um, you can program it to right-click.