Apple's wireless Mighty Mouse revealed (photos)

12346»

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 112
    Quote:

    Originally posted by nikster

    Please let this thread know if the new version has the left and right buttons issue fixed, e.g. if you can click either one while leaving all fingers on the mouse.



    From the official Apple page, it sure looks like there are two click sensors in front now...




    No, that is not fixed. I have used a mighty mouse a lot of never even noticed that though.
  • Reply 102 of 112
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    It says exactly that. How can you not agree?



    Because it's so carefully worded as to not preclude anything. It'll change, for sure.
  • Reply 103 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,068member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aegisdesign

    Because it's so carefully worded as to not preclude anything. It'll change, for sure.



    I'm pretty sure they mean it.



    But, like Quartz Extreme, if it isn't working, even though they promised it, they won't be able to deliver it. But that won't mean that they didn't intend to do it. It doesn't seem to be worded to mean anything other than it will be there.
  • Reply 104 of 112
    rahrensrahrens Posts: 67member
    I have a new Tailless Mighty Mouse (TMM, I call it for short), and I like it fine.



    I am one of those that does lift my off finger to press the mouse down for a button click on either side. So I don't have that particular problem. I can see the point of those that do, tho...



    I bought the wired version (MM) the day it came out, and have used it virtually every day since. I compared the two yesterday when my new TMM came in the mail, and they are identical, save for the lack of a cord. I did notice, tho, that the old scroll ball is about three shades darker than the new one. But I have never had to clean it, nor noticed any sticking. (And I am NOT one of those that washes his hands before using the computer!)



    I do tech support for a living, and will pass along my advice to all of you, without charge, from the goodness of my heart:



    About once a month, take a kleenex, moisten it well with alcohol (NOT the stuff you drink!) and simply roll the ball gently around. This should clean it, before it gets gummed up with gunk. Hopefully, at some time in the future, Apple will graduate to optically tracked scroll balls. Perhaps the small size of this one makes it difficult to do at this stage.



    I hate to see people getting so uptight about the new mouse.



    Look, folks, it's only a mouse. It's not any threat to yer manhood! If ya don't like it, don't buy it. I've investigated lots of mice in my time in tech support, both for myself, and for my employer, and a lot of them weren't anything I'd use for myself. On the other hand, I've seen a few that were really great.



    But I didn't go nutcakes over the ones I didn't like, I just moved on. But maybe it's just folks that like to dump on Apple for any imagined stumble.



    Apple has made dozens of computers, printers, monitors, mice, and other products in the last thirty years. There's a lot there that some people like, some people hate, and others have been indifferent to. Same with other computer makers. So what? Pick something ya like, buy it and go home. Don't look back until ya want/need another one. then do it again.



    But stop insulting each other over it, that's dumb.
  • Reply 105 of 112
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by rahrens

    I have a new Tailless Mighty Mouse (TMM, I call it for short), and I like it fine.



    I am one of those that does lift my off finger to press the mouse down for a button click on either side. So I don't have that particular problem. I can see the point of those that do, tho...



    I bought the wired version (MM) the day it came out, and have used it virtually every day since. I compared the two yesterday when my new TMM came in the mail, and they are identical, save for the lack of a cord. I did notice, tho, that the old scroll ball is about three shades darker than the new one. But I have never had to clean it, nor noticed any sticking. (And I am NOT one of those that washes his hands before using the computer!)



    I do tech support for a living, and will pass along my advice to all of you, without charge, from the goodness of my heart:



    About once a month, take a kleenex, moisten it well with alcohol (NOT the stuff you drink!) and simply roll the ball gently around. This should clean it, before it gets gummed up with gunk. Hopefully, at some time in the future, Apple will graduate to optically tracked scroll balls. Perhaps the small size of this one makes it difficult to do at this stage.



    I hate to see people getting so uptight about the new mouse.



    Look, folks, it's only a mouse. It's not any threat to yer manhood! If ya don't like it, don't buy it. I've investigated lots of mice in my time in tech support, both for myself, and for my employer, and a lot of them weren't anything I'd use for myself. On the other hand, I've seen a few that were really great.



    But I didn't go nutcakes over the ones I didn't like, I just moved on. But maybe it's just folks that like to dump on Apple for any imagined stumble.



    Apple has made dozens of computers, printers, monitors, mice, and other products in the last thirty years. There's a lot there that some people like, some people hate, and others have been indifferent to. Same with other computer makers. So what? Pick something ya like, buy it and go home. Don't look back until ya want/need another one. then do it again.



    But stop insulting each other over it, that's dumb.




    But I come here to be dumb. Please don't take away my joy
  • Reply 106 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,068member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ALPICH

    But I come here to be dumb. Please don't take away my joy



    It's good to know that people can succeed in their ambitions.
  • Reply 107 of 112
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    It's good to know that people can succeed in their ambitions.



    Yes, but it takes hard work to get as dumb as me in forum replies. Years of dedication 8)
  • Reply 108 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,068member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ALPICH

    Yes, but it takes hard work to get as dumb as me in forum replies. Years of dedication 8)



    And don't think we don't admire, and appreciate, that!
  • Reply 109 of 112
    rahrensrahrens Posts: 67member
    <sigh> Such dedication! I stand aside in admiration, sir!
  • Reply 110 of 112
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by tetzel1517

    Double negatives are not correct in any context.



    Grammarians score again!



    Anyone else think we're all just spinning our wheels until the WWDC and what we hope are the New Macs?
  • Reply 111 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,068member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Cubit

    Grammarians score again!



    Anyone else think we're all just spinning our wheels until the WWDC and what we hope are the New Macs?




    Yup, as usual.
  • Reply 112 of 112
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Cubit

    Anyone else think we're all just spinning our wheels until the WWDC and what we hope are the New Macs?



    Well, unless you honestly think Steve reads these forums for ideas, that's pretty much what we always do - talk about what we hope Apple will do, with the occasional fact tossed in.



    Not that it isn't fun... :-)
Sign In or Register to comment.