New image

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I try to create a disk image with disk utility on an iMac G5 with OSX 10.3.9 and it gives an error in wich it states that "Device is busy". I can't create disk images anymore because of this.

What can I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Are you trying to make a disk image of the active system disk? It may not allow you to do that.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    try repairing the permissions as it may also help
  • Reply 3 of 4
    artanisartanis Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Are you trying to make a disk image of the active system disk? It may not allow you to do that.

Yes I tried that, and it doesn't allow me, though I have an older disk image on wich I keep my safe stuff wich works very well.

The thing is that I've tried to create such a disk image on a new external firewire drive (Seagate with 300 GB storage ). When I try to create a disk image it says either that the device is busy either that the disk is to big.

What do you guys recommend? Or maybe you could tell me how can I put a safe password on a partition?

This is what I am interested in, to have multiple partitions on that drive or multiple disk images, but password protected (and I need that password to be safe (I mean that I don't want to have some password forgetting errors because the data I am placing there is very important).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au

try repairing the permissions as it may also help

I've done this and still doesn't work.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    artanisartanis Posts: 156member
    I hate to double post but I want to state that I've tried this on a Mac with Tiger and the "device" is still busy. Could this be bug of both Panther and Tiger?