Does the Epson C80....

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Work under 10.2?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    It should...

<a href="http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/ProductQuickSpec_BigImage.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@164 1678144.1031706281@@@@&BV_EngineID=iadcfdhhkihgbfd mcfjgckidnf.0&oid=7512888&category=Ink+Jet+Printer s&nextPage=/ProductQuickSpec.jsp" target="_blank">Epson C80</a>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>Work under 10.2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have a C60 that works just fine in OSX.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by ryukyu:

<strong>

I have a C60 that works just fine in OSX.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep, same here.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Now that I know the C80 works in 10.2,

Does the Epson C80 ... work better as an overall printer than a photo printer like the Stylus 820? The overlap between these two types (not just Epson models)confuses me.

I'd be doing mostly text but also some photo printing. I know the 820 has the benefit of the six ink cartridges, but does it print text as well as the C80?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I have a C80 and works just as good as in 10.1. The only thing that donen't work in the ink monitor status. Nothing shows up. Other than that. It works great.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Yes.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    [quote]Originally posted by bogbert:

<strong>

Does the Epson C80 ... work better as an overall printer than a photo printer like the Stylus 820? The overlap between these two types (not just Epson models)confuses me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was making the same choice, but I would be using it mostly for photos. I went to the Apple store and they had samples with the same files printed on different printers. The 820 definitely had the advantage on photos, but I thought the text looked sharper on the C60 and C80. There isn't a whole lot of difference but if you look at the same file side by side there are definite differences.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Altivec_2.0:

<strong>I have a C80 and works just as good as in 10.1. The only thing that donen't work in the ink monitor status. Nothing shows up. Other than that. It works great.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ink status shows up for me, in jag that is.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The C80 is an excellent SOHO printer - in all respects other than perhaps paper capacity. Prints B&W text and graphics very quickly and crisply, color images are excellent and the thing is virtually silent. Also easy to maintain and the utlities for OS X work well IME.

For the price, you've got nothing to fear. It's the best deal going for an all purpose printer.