Macworld question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Thinking of making a road trip from Vancouver to San Francisco this January with some friends.. Has anyone been to Macworld, and does it cost money to see the keynote? Worthwhile trip?

it's something I've always wanted to experience..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by erbium

Thinking of making a road trip from Vancouver to San Francisco this January with some friends.. Has anyone been to Macworld, and does it cost money to see the keynote? Worthwhile trip?

it's something I've always wanted to experience..

I would say since you're traveling, yes. If you register early (I don't know if they do this anymore?) you can actually get in the expo floor for free. You can then pick and choose to pay for which workshop days you'd like to go to.

Back in the dot com days, there was an abundance amount of free things each company would give out. They really don't do that anymore. Nevertheless, you learn a ton about specific software you never would have otherwise by going to the event.

In addition, it's worth it just because you're going to San Francisco. Enjoy the city. It's just about as beautiful as Vancouver. That alone is worth the trip altogether.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I would say since you're traveling, yes. If you register early (I don't know if they do this anymore?) you can actually get in the expo floor for free. You can then pick and choose to pay for which workshop days you'd like to go to.

Back in the dot com days, there was an abundance amount of free things each company would give out. They really don't do that anymore. Nevertheless, you learn a ton about specific software you never would have otherwise by going to the event.

In addition, it's worth it just because you're going to San Francisco. Enjoy the city. It's just about as beautiful as Vancouver. That alone is worth the trip altogether.

Is it possible to get in to see the Keynote? and for free?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Is it possible to get in to see the Keynote? and for free?

Nope.

You have to pay in order to touch Steve Jobs...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Nope.

You have to pay in order to touch Steve Jobs...

You know approx how much? It's open to anyone right? no just press and all those "types"..
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

You know approx how much? It's open to anyone right? no just press and all those "types"..

Not sure. If you can get in the WWDC's keynote there's no reason not to believe you can't see the expo's...