it's fake
  • Reply 2 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    What's with all the noobs?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

What's with all the noobs?

Yes I agree. There does seem to be a huge increase in users that are new and apparently are too good to read the rules or even search the forums for their answer. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones, but the bad just stick out like a sore thumb.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maimezvous

Yes I agree. There does seem to be a huge increase in users that are new and apparently are too good to read the rules or even search the forums for their answer. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones, but the bad just stick out like a sore thumb.

PLus they didnt even bother looking at the other video clips of a pre release 10.5 that were on there...didnt show much except for the tabbed finder and the "about window"
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by hypoluxa

I stumbled accross this online...kinda interesting

Its supposedly 10.5 running on a touch screen ipod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teB3cgZGcw

Apple would probably have any legit pre-release photos/videos of their products removed from websites. Something like this could be a prototype of a prototype, but not even close to the finished product. When Apple chooses to turn the iPod into a "computer" the hardware it runs on will probably be more impressive as well.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

PLus they didnt even bother looking at the other video clips of a pre release 10.5 that were on there...didnt show much except for the tabbed finder and the "about window"

I also find it interesting that people are believing that this video has an once of truth in it. What model of iPod is in this video? I believe if one looks closely you would find it's a 5g. What is the new feature on the 5g? I believe that it is the ability to play movies. In light of that, don't you think it's possible someone had a great idea to record themselves doing some stuff in OSX and then put that video on their iPod and play it? Neat idea, but completely fake.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maimezvous

I also find it interesting that people are believing that this video has an once of truth in it. What model of iPod is in this video? I believe if one looks closely you would find it's a 5g. What is the new feature on the 5g? I believe that it is the ability to play movies. In light of that, don't you think it's possible someone had a great idea to record themselves doing some stuff in OSX and then put that video on their iPod and play it? Neat idea, but completely fake.

That scenerio is probably right, I totally forgot about that...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

That scenerio is probably right, I totally forgot about that...

If you watch the video you see the guy gets off a little at one point.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Granted... there are lots of new people... but isn't that a good thing? Sure they don't know proper etiquette yet... but that will come. Lets just be happy that the Mac community is growing.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Yes you're right. I'm sorry for being grouchy. Haha. I just assumed that people would have done what I did before I joined. Which is lurk in the shadows for a few months.