What Mac are you currently using? upgrading soon?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Not about to replace my 2 G5's until Adobe releases Universal Photoshop and Illustrator, but I'll probably get an iMac when the next one comes out (to be used for video editing) and recording stuff in GarageBand... I need a good "fun" computer, not just my work ones.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    upstairs g3 strawberry running tiger

wife--.9ibook g4 tiger

me dell 8100 only need IE to run one program at work. want to replace this windows blob for a macbook, or macbookpro

started with a macplus in 84 used it till the g3, that macplus was bulletproof. that g3 still kicks, and only had one problem with the g3 to send to technician, after i blew the osx install. the macplus never never a problem...donated to a school who still uses it.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

I'm on a black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM, 180gb HD. I'm thinking about getting a Mac Pro next summer to replace my Powermac G5 1.6ghz, 1.25gb RAM, 80gb HD. 8)

how did you get the 180hd?? tell me the specs
  • Reply 24 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

how did you get the 180hd?? tell me the specs

It might be 120gb or 150gb. I think I made a mistake. 8)
  • Reply 25 of 64
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

It might be 120gb or 150gb. I think I made a mistake. 8)

Apple's largest drive option is 120GB for the MacBook's.. so I'm guessing it's that.

Anyone here planning on buying a MacPro?
  • Reply 26 of 64
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    There are no 150 or 180 GB 2.5-inch drives. There are 160 GB ones, and there will soon be a 200 GB one.

The highest option Apple offers is 120 GB.
  • Reply 27 of 64
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    I have an iBook G4, 512 MB, 40 GB HD, running Tiger v.10.4.7. It's my baby.

I dream of having enough money to get my iBook an Intel sister.
  • Reply 28 of 64
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

start making wedding videos! thats how I've paid for my macs in the past.. DV camera was the best thing I ever purchased!

full time job helps too, but money from that always lands on loans, bills, etc.. I figure if you're making money on your mac, on the side, that money should be reinvested in new gear.
  • Reply 29 of 64
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

You could always set up a "buy Mac_Doll a Mac_Book" website, get everyonr to toss a dollar into the pot, and bingo... Just promise a pic or video of something stupid/goofy, like you hugging your new Macbook or something...hell, a guy got a $5000 G5 editing rig by blowing up his G4...

If that accually works, please keep the scam going long enough to get me one too
  • Reply 30 of 64
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Passively water cooled Dual 1.53 Ghz G4 in a lian li case and a terabyte RAID.

Upgrade? Hmmm, i'm waiting for a cheap 10 Ghz machine before I make the leap.
  • Reply 31 of 64
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

You could always set up a "buy Mac_Doll a Mac_Book" website, get everyonr to toss a dollar into the pot, and bingo... Just promise a pic or video of something stupid/goofy, like you hugging your new Macbook or something...hell, a guy got a $5000 G5 editing rig by blowing up his G4...

If that accually works, please keep the scam going long enough to get me one too

Yeah, I watched that video. How is someone gonna top that?
  • Reply 32 of 64
    Quote:

I've an Apple II GS, and I remember playing Word Munchers, Number Munchers, and Oregon Trail, etc. Good times.

I think the biggest upgrade, speed wise, was going from my 1MHZ IIe to a 4.77 MHZ PC that also had a turbo button for 8MHZ. My last purchase upgrade was from 550MHZ TI PB to my current 1.5GHZ PB. That IIe rocked playing Choplifter.
  • Reply 33 of 64
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    iBook G4 1GHz... still great for a lot of things, but unfortunately I'm getting more into editing home videos and such and it's a dog for that. I can't see an upgrade in the near future as the budget doesn't allow it
  • Reply 34 of 64
    a_greer: I remember that guy. Sorry, that's too asinine. I could never blow up a Mac.. poor Macs... I'll just save up for one.

For comedy's sake though, the only thing I could think of that'd top blowing one up is not blowing one up... and instead pose nude with the new Mac and post it up on the site as a little "thank you."
  • Reply 35 of 64
    have the macbook open covering your bits
  • Reply 36 of 64
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    eMac 1 GHz for day to day and a trusty old Apple IIe for a little fun on the side.

I just get a kick out of playing with the Phaser audio software and drawing shapes with the Turtle programming on the IIe.

Cool thing is that the IIe is still the most reliable system I've ever had. I can't even remember ever having a problem with it.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by furious_

have the macbook open covering your bits

Oh, what a fun idea! I could even have my "bits" resting on top of the the screen part.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    MacBook Pro 2.16 from a TiBook G4 667

15.4 inch glossy screen-- much improved

1gb of ram-- from 768mb

100gb 7200 rpm hard drive-- from an 80gb 5400 rpm replacement drive

It's quite snappy.
  • Reply 39 of 64
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

a_greer: I remember that guy. Sorry, that's too asinine. I could never blow up a Mac.. poor Macs... I'll just save up for one.

For comedy's sake though, the only thing I could think of that'd top blowing one up is not blowing one up... and instead pose nude with the new Mac and post it up on the site as a little "thank you."

Or, just to keep it "everybody freindly" you could use the two apple stickers and have the laptop on the (ahem) laptop...
  • Reply 40 of 64
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Just bought an Intel iMac 20". Best computer ever made. It is the perfect mix of pro power and consumer utility. There is nothing Apple can present that would make me want to upgrade my hardware for at least a couple of years. The iPod, on the other hand...