Picasa Plug-In for iPhoto... Google & Apple New Chums?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's very interesting. I'm a fan of Google, and their programs. If only I actually used Picasa. I hope that they are good buddies. That would make for an interesting future. Perhaps an Apple/Google web browser.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    sweet. this is mutually beneficial, i think, if they continue to develop feature plug-ins. google doesn't have to make a mac version of picasa and iPhoto users won't switch to Picasa Mac if it never comes out.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Maybe if Picasa existed for OS X, Apple would get the kick in the a** it needs to fix that mess known as iPhoto...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    so who has used picassa albums, does it replace homepage i use homepage because of it's ease of use and iphoto integration how much space and how large an album can you have(#of photos) homepage i think limits it to about 45-48 per album

so has anyone used this and is it compatible with iphoto 5?

it needs to be compatible with firefox, safari, and os10

so how does this plugin help mac users???
  • Reply 5 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikef

Maybe if Picasa existed for OS X, Apple would get the kick in the a** it needs to fix that mess known as iPhoto...

that's exactly why i think apple will support google integrating features within iphoto rather than develop picasa for mac...because 4 out of 5 dentists agree that picasa is better than iPhoto.