Safari question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do clear the "history" or Im not sure what you call it, from the browser address bar; like when you type a single letter in the address bar and a bunch of websites that start with that letter drop down in a list and you can choose what you want.. I think its auto fill or most viewed sites.. Anyways, how do I wipe it clean so it doesnt do that from time to time. Clearing the history and cache doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Safari also searches from your bookmarks as well, so maybe you should remove unnecessary bookmarks as well, other than that cleaning the history should work. Auto fill refers to automatically filling properly formatted forms on webpages.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Project2501

Safari also searches from your bookmarks as well, so maybe you should remove unnecessary bookmarks as well, other than that cleaning the history should work. Auto fill refers to automatically filling properly formatted forms on webpages.

Yep , that was it.. the bookmarks, that's what it was referencing.. well I cant delete al of em, so I guess Ill just have to live with it.