BT mighty mouse and bootcamp

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just received my bluetooth mighty mouse and was using it within about five minutes of unwrapping the box. It works like a charm with my iBook G4, but I began to wonder what will happen once I get another Mac in a few months. One that I will dual boot. Does anyone know if Apple is including drivers in Bootcamp for the bluetooth mighty mouse?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Good question, does it include a Windows driver disc like the wired Mighty Mouse does?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Good question, does it include a Windows driver disc like the wired Mighty Mouse does?

it includes a with an installer that you have to run for the new system prefs in OS X, but I am not sure whether or not there are windows drivers on it... Once I get back home I will have to check that out.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Hmm. Does anybody know, are bluetooth mice pretty much standardized like USB ones are, or do they all use their own different data formats and drivers?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Bluetooth has HID, much like USB.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Then maybe it would just work, but lack the button configuration software (which I assume could be replaced with some mouse-config freeware for Windows).