New Product Announced vs Shipping Times?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've seen various reports online about the Core 2 Duo and Woodcrest chips being shipped to suppliers but in very small supplies. Anyone know if this is the case? Would it be a reasonable expectation that if new products or speed boosts are announced at WWDC they wouldn't actually ship till later in the month?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i read somewhere that they suspect they'll ship in 4-5 weeks unfortunately
  • Reply 2 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I have not read anything other than your two posts, and I could care less. I just want to know what we are getting first.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Woodcrest has been out for 6 weeks. Conroe's availability is limited for now, but ramping up. Merom doesn't become available in any real numbers until month's end.

Mac Pros: Shipping immediately

Conroe iMacs: Shipping 1-2 weeks

Merom MBPs: Shipping mid-Sept.

(Note that I doubt we get all three. I'd expect 2/3)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Woodcrest has been out for 6 weeks. Conroe's availability is limited for now, but ramping up. Merom doesn't become available in any real numbers until month's end.

This would be assuming an all Woodcrest Mac Pro lineup? Should the iMac and low-end Pro's both get a Conroe would that push the ship time back a bit because the demand is split over two product lines?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I ordered three Xserves at the beginning of July that have not shipped. When I called Apple to ask what the hold up was, the rep told me that Apple was going to make a surprise announcement Monday relative to the Xserve. She told me the ship date of my Xserves was going to be August 10 or perhaps a little sooner.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755

I ordered three Xserves at the beginning of July that have not shipped. When I called Apple to ask what the hold up was, the rep told me that Apple was going to make a surprise announcement Monday relative to the Xserve. She told me the ship date of my Xserves was going to be August 10 or perhaps a little sooner.

Which is weird, considering the Apple Store shows shipping in 24 hours.

I really think that the only new hardware will be the Mac Pro and the XServe. I think the Merom MBP is too far out in the future to announce now.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

MacNN (I think AI was the source?) reported earlier this week that Merom is expected to arrive at Apple for deployment in the first week of september and that Apple wants to be one of the first to get a Merom product annoucned.