NFL refs to look stupid...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
New ref uniforms see the death of the zebra...and the birth of what looks like skidmarks on a white golf shirt...

luckily they are blind by default and thus will not object

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ry/Sports/home

Just for referance: here are the current ones

God, I need football to start again so we get some good sports on the tube again!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    They should make Holmgren wear one of those under armor ref jerseys...

Lol...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That is absurd. Why do they have to just change crap for no reason?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Could be worse.

Gay Ref

• Reply 4 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That gay ref is amazing. That is the greatest sporting official ever.

Not a damned thing wrong with some glorious showmanship. God bless homos!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

Just for referance: here are the current ones

i swear, ed hockuli (sp?) spends more time in the gym than half the nfl's rosters. i am betting he is the one with his back turned to the camera in the first photo, since he seems to be the only ref in that picture that seems to not possess a huge flab roll in that form fitting shirt. maybe this is some roundabout way the nfl is using to convince refs to start getting in shape more, and therefore be in position to see plays better? "hey, frank, seriously, you're going to be seen all year long in this thing. you think maybe you could do a sit-up once in a while?"

also, regarding hockuli. he's also one of the very few qualified and good refs in the league. whenever he's officiating a game, i just shut up and accept the calls. problem is, he's usually right, and so i never have anything to complain about.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

They should make Holmgren wear one of those under armor ref jerseys...

Lol...

personally, i think they should suit up, just like baseball managers. okay, not really, but the thought is pretty amusing.

actually, i miss the days when coaches actually wore suit and tie to the sidelines a la tom landry. mike tice tried to resurrect the custom with his vest-and-tie... pity he sucked ballz as a head coach (i said it from day one... it took the team and the rest of the league a few years to see it too).
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

i swear, ed hockuli (sp?) spends more time in the gym than half the nfl's rosters. i am betting he is the one with his back turned to the camera in the first photo, since he seems to be the only ref in that picture that seems to not possess a huge flab roll in that form fitting shirt. maybe this is some roundabout way the nfl is using to convince refs to start getting in shape more, and therefore be in position to see plays better? "hey, frank, seriously, you're going to be seen all year long in this thing. you think maybe you could do a sit-up once in a while?"

also, regarding hockuli. he's also one of the very few qualified and good refs in the league. whenever he's officiating a game, i just shut up and accept the calls. problem is, he's usually right, and so i never have anything to complain about.

You're right. I love Ed. He may look like an NFL linebacker, but at least he's not as old as those NBA refs (Dick Bavetta, Joe Crawford, Bob Delaney) who look older than Mr. Burns. If Arnold can do it, why can't Ed Huckuli? Long live R85!!!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My first thought is that they look more like soccer refs.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

My first thought is that they look more like soccer refs.

exactly; stupid, pointless, and a little gay...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

exactly; stupid, pointless, and a little gay...

You obviously didn't view the gay ref video.