Anyone have problems with Mac pro credit card charges??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I ordered one around 11:45 a.m. on August 7,2006. Order accepted. Base unit +Applecare.

Applecare part of the order completed.

At 12:30am August 8, 2006 I check order status and it says 'Action Required."

I click to see the action and it says "We are unable to obtain an authorization for the credit card you provided.".

I re-entered the card and now it says :"You can either re-enter the same payment information or enter a different card online"

I call American Express and they says the error code from Apple was incorrect date on card. Well, the date is right. And my credit card company verifies I have over many times over available credit and that the card is working on there system. They further run a test an authorize a 1 dollar charge (that will not be charged actually) and it goes through.

It then says : "This order can no longer be updated online. Please, call the Apple Store at 1-800-676-2775. A customer support representative will be happy to help."

I call the number an no one will be there until 7am Central time.

So my two questions are:

1)Was my mac going to ship tonight and now it's not?

2)Why do they close the customer service line of a multi-billion dollar company on the night of a new product offering??

Anyone get their shipping confirmation yet??

I'm none to happy right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomhayes

2)Why do they close the customer service line of a multi-billion dollar company on the night of a new product offering??

No one likes the night shift, would you wait till 7am or call India and speak to someone who isnt as fluid and fluent in your language, therefore building an instant barrier to communications?

And hey, if this is Apples mistake, they may overnight you a box and have it delivered before 9:00AM tomorrow, I assume you went with standard shipping, so 3-5days == 2day glitch fest+overnight...

Good luck.

Congrats on the new system...I envy you
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tomhayestomhayes Posts: 128member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

No one likes the night shift, would you wait till 7am or call India and speak to someone who isnt as fluid and fluent in your language, therefore building an instant barrier to communications?

And hey, if this is Apples mistake, they may overnight you a box and have it delivered before 9:00AM tomorrow, I assume you went with standard shipping, so 3-5days == 2day glitch fest+overnight...

Good luck.

Congrats on the new system...I envy you

Update: It me me AND Apple

Looks like I did enter the expiration date incorrectly.

It looks like there system accepted the wrong date and it stayed in that status until 12:30am this morning.

So I entered it wrong, and Apple wrongly accepted it.

So, we updated the expiration date and it still ships out BY Thursday.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomhayes

Update: It me me AND Apple

Looks like I did enter the expiration date incorrectly.

It looks like there system accepted the wrong date and it stayed in that status until 12:30am this morning.

So I entered it wrong, and Apple wrongly accepted it.

So, we updated the expiration date and it still ships out BY Thursday.

Cool...after you get it up and running, tell us what you think of your new toy...