Steve Jobs: Losing his touch???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did anyone else notice that Jobs looked a little thin and rough around the edges today? Even his turtleneck seemed a little baggy. On top of that...he let baby beluga...err...Phil Schiller (he's another story) intro the fastest Mac ever??? WTF mate? He also let this guy named Scott demo most of the new Leopard stuff. Is Steve preparing an apprentice? Getting ready to turn over more and more responsibility? Just not feeling well today? What do you think? Am I the only one who noticed???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    It's a big job delivering a Keynote. Maybe he just wanted to do a little less work. Or because of recent stock problems, they wanted to show employee diversity incase Steve Jobs is forced to resign. Although i doubt the second.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. I agree with both points.

I do think Steve is trying to diversify a little by including more high level employees in the keynotes. It makes sense given that Steve will have to retire at some point, and showing the mac faithful that he isn't essential to the show is a good first step.

The point made about the stock issue is also valid IMHO, but probably not the reason for it.

Steve does a great job with the keynotes... and I'm sure he still has serious influence over the products developed at Apple... but let's face it.. one man does not make a great company.

When Steve does step down, there will be an insane amount of coverage, and FUD about it. Yet another round of 'Apple is History' all over the media. Blah. Puke. I don't even want to deal with it.

I do hope Steve's health is well tho, I love to see people retire in good physical and mental health so they can enjoy life. (Maybe make a few iMovie's.....)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

It's a big job delivering a Keynote. Maybe he just wanted to do a little less work. Or because of recent stock problems, they wanted to show employee diversity incase Steve Jobs is forced to resign. Although i doubt the second.

Did get that sense as well. Makes me a little MORE nervous about AAPL now.

Treading very lightly now, with real tight stops.\
  • Reply 4 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    He's probably going off to prison soon so he wants to groom a new CEO.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    go to prison? as far as I know, nothing illegal has been done. More that what has been done, wasn't the prettiest way to go about it.

Anyway, yeah he looks a bit thin there, I agree. He is a busy man, that's for sure!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Steve sure looked like he was having a hard time reading his sheets and his screen.

He does look tired and frazzled. I wonder if there was some bad news or sometihng that happened just before the Keynote.

flick.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I too think he looked a bit off as well.

Also, Phil Schiller REALLY packed on the fat recently. He looked almost like a balloon in that presentation. Compare him to 2 years ago in the powermac G5 "documentary" and he looks worlds apart. Perhaps it's from all the stress with trying to gain/maintain momentum with Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    He looked a bit tired/off but he is deff not loosing his touch.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    One thing to consider is that there's no telling what kinds of meds he on after his bout with cancer.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    At a certain point you need to just embrace the chub, Phil. When you walk out with a spare tire peeking through your untucked shirt it makes it look kind of like you're wearing a tarp. Tuck in your shirt so it doesn't look like you're trying to hide anything, we can all move on without even noticing then.

I say this as a fella in the same situation. Fatties unite.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    The Bulging Phil... have to say I have a bulge from time to time and it always crops up just before a presentation... more time sitting down preparing slides??

Phil also needs to practice more; he just doesn't have the RDF that Steve has and he needs to pull his weight a lttle better, literally and figuratively.

This one was def not a one man show, but the WWDC has lots of hands-on things afterwards, so I guess they want to share the flag around. January should be a different thing with Steve leading the whole way.