Is Steve ill?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign

Thin?

Of course. Someone had to test out the Nike+iPod devices.

• Reply 22 of 30
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer

no matter what the Drs say, getting past that 2/3 years stage is ALL important.. hope it WAS benign.

It wasn't benign. The definition of cancer is that it's not benign. His was just a type that shows up extremely early and has a very high success rate with treatment.

Of course, having cancer once means you're at higher risk for virtually every other type of cancer, but that's another topic.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Right. It was an islet-cell tumor. Still cancer.

Not "benign"
  • Reply 24 of 30
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    I felt the same way when I saw the Keynote, then I got to thinking letting go of Pixar, Moving the INTEL finally and now back up people during Keynotes. I mean Steve loves to wow people it's hard to believe he is giving up Keynotes. Seems like he is slowly pulling out of the spot light.

I really hope he is okay, but he reminded me of my dad in the last few months of his fight with Cancer. He just had that look that my dad had it scares me.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elderloc

I felt the same way when I saw the Keynote, then I got to thinking letting go of Pixar, Moving the INTEL finally and now back up people during Keynotes. I mean Steve loves to wow people it's hard to believe he is giving up Keynotes. Seems like he is slowly pulling out of the spot light.

I really hope he is okay, but he reminded me of my dad in the last few months of his fight with Cancer. He just had that look that my dad had it scares me.

I hope your dad is OK, but Steve is more likely to tell everyone if he's had a relapse AFTER he puts an adequate team in place to take over. Him being him, I think he'd want to insulate the company as much as possible.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Could be he was on prednisone and now he's not maybe... hah that'd have made for HELL if anyone here knows what that stuff does. "Psychotic behavior" is a symptom. I can attest to that personally. Very, very potent shit.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Aren't we jumping to conclusions somewhat ?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Yeah, I think we are. I'm just thrilled he's still alive.

Honestly, I think he's simply giving other heads of Apple a chance to shine. He's getting older, and in turn more mellow and jovial. How often do you see Steve high five anyone? I like the change. It's nice; he's living up to his statement: "Apple is a team sport."
  • Reply 29 of 30
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    Father passed away in 1997, Cancer is a bitch. I'm sure everything is fine but still...
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I think he's fine, looked fit, not annorexic.