new macbook pro

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi

Does anyone have idea of maybe when apple will release the new macbook pro with the merom processor and if they will have blu-ray support?

thanks

PD do you really think that apple will release Leopard until spring 07?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    no for leopard. i think it will be earlier. i hope they throw in some blu-ray support in the iMac and macbook pro, but who knows. I would be very happy with an upgrade on both. hopefully the end of this month or september brings us those goodies.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Sep, 12th Paris Expo, along with the Merom MacBook's, 5G iPod's (part2) and the new 2G Nano's (magnesium, colors, and bigger storage). The jury's out on whether both or any of the new iPod's will come with bluetooth.

What's your opinion guys/gals on weather the new MacBook Pro's will have MacBook style keyboards, and/or magnetic latches?

(magnetic latches bending the screen could be easily solved with more than two weaker magnets)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Sep, 12th Paris Expo, along with the Merom MacBook's, 5G iPod's (part2) and the new 2G Nano's (magnesium, colors, and bigger storage). The jury's out on whether both or any of the new iPod's will come with bluetooth.

What's your opinion guys/gals on weather the new MacBook Pro's will have MacBook style keyboards, and/or magnetic latches?

(magnetic latches bending the screen could be easily solved with more than two weaker magnets)

I disagree the MacBooks won't get Merom for a few more months remember Intel and Apple have to get ready the GMA X3000 which will go into the Mac Mini and MacBooks

Quote:

GMA X3000

From Mac Guides

The GMA X3000 is Intel's next Integrated Graphics module for use in the "digital home". It is expected to be put in the next revisions of the Mac mini and MacBook. Currently, the Mac mini and MacBook use the GMA 950.

The GMA X3000 seeks to remedy the 3D performace issues of the GMA 900 and 950 by having full hardware support for modern gaming architecture. Each of the X3000's pipelines are fully programmable and in theory X3000 can target either DirectX 9 or DirectX 10, determined by operating system and device driver.

Comparison

*Clock Speed

GMA 950 - 400MHz

GMA X3000 - 667MHz

*T&L

GMA 950 - CPU based

GMA X3000 - Hardware T&L

*Shaders

GMA 950 - Shader Model 2.0 (Pixel Shader 2.0 + Vertex Shader 3.0)

GMA X3000 - Shader Model 3.0 (Pixel + Vertex Shader 3.0) + Shader Model 4.0 w/ updated microcode [1]

*DirectX + OpenGL

GMA 950 - DX 9.0 + OpenGL v1.4

GMA X3000 - DX 9.0c/ DX 10 w/ updated microcode + OpenGL v1.5

*Pipelines

GMA 950 - 4 Pixel + 1 Vertex

GMA X3000 - 8 Unified Pipelines

*VRAM

GMA 950 - 224MB maximum

GMA X3000 - 384MB maximum

http://guides.macrumors.com/GMA_X3000

And I really don't know what Apple will do with the MacBook Pro, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did add a Magnetic latch.