Quark Express 6.5

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience running Quark Express 6.5 on a 17" Intel iMac? I'm not sure if it's the copy I have, or if Quark isn't stab;e under Rosetta, but the application is constantly quitting itself before I can do anything.

cheers =)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bj85

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience running Quark Express 6.5 on a 17" Intel iMac? I'm not sure if it's the copy I have, or if Quark isn't stab;e under Rosetta, but the application is constantly quitting itself before I can do anything.

cheers =)

Does it quit in the middle of projects or does it quit so fast you literally cannot open any files? How long will Xpress run once you launch it before it quits?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by baygbm

Does it quit in the middle of projects or does it quit so fast you literally cannot open any files? How long will Xpress run once you launch it before it quits?

I seem to remember that this issue started with the update to Mac OS 10.4.7. My copy of Quark kept on quitting and the 'error message' mentioned various font family issues? Macfixit has a temporary workaround for the problem. I found that by creating a new user I was again able to use Quark without it quitting on me.

Apparently this problem will be fixed in an update to Mac OS (it may have also been fixed by Quarks recent update to XPress 6.52.

Hope this helps,

J.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bj85bj85 Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by baygbm

Quark will open fine, and I can start a new project, however once I try to place an image in a picture box the program will "unexpectidly quit". The same also happens with a text box.