Wow, I actually did it...free MBP...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok sorry about this post, but I'm so excited (as you can probably imagine)!

After two weeks of getting referrals and waiting for approval I finally received my MacBook Pro!!

Such a wonderful upgrade to old 12" Powerbook.

Anyone else get their mac through the freebie community? PM me if you need help getting referrals, after 3 ipods, 2 lcd displays, and of course a MAC BOOK PRO, I've gotten pretty good at it.

There is seriously nothing better than receiving a free $2000 product. Feels GREAT!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 58
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    What site are you using?
  • Reply 2 of 58
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Do Not Feed The Spammer.

(Interesting. It wouldn't let me do an all caps post....)
  • Reply 3 of 58
    I thought that stuff would never worked, lol, Nice one man.

Could you mabye lob me the powerbook for say :P $140 or more?
  • Reply 4 of 58
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwind212

Ok sorry about this post, but I'm so excited (as you can probably imagine)!

After two weeks of getting referrals and waiting for approval I finally received my MacBook Pro!!

Such a wonderful upgrade to old 12" Powerbook.

Anyone else get their mac through the freebie community? PM me if you need help getting referrals, after 3 ipods, 2 lcd displays, and of course a MAC BOOK PRO, I've gotten pretty good at it.

There is seriously nothing better than receiving a free $2000 product. Feels GREAT!

What site are you using?
  • Reply 5 of 58
    Ya - and the powerbook, how much dolla :P - I can go fairly high for it.
  • Reply 6 of 58
    Bull. Ban this spamming troll.

(edit: profanity)
  • Reply 7 of 58
    After I buy his power book lol!
  • Reply 8 of 58
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    I've personally received BILLIONS of dollars in free hardware and now thru this special TV offer I'm finally able to help you too....

Oh wait this isn't TV and this isn't a special offer and hey even if I was able to do half of what I said I could (BTW I can't) I SURE AS HELL WOULDN'T SHARE THE INFO WITH YOU!!!!

D
  • Reply 9 of 58
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    I have some friends that have gotten free ipods and what not from some of these ad gimmicks. takes a fair amount of referral work but hey.. free hardware
  • Reply 10 of 58
    I gotta start this stuff...I couldnt figure out how it worked...

Does a referal count when some one clicks, or do they have to sign up?
  • Reply 11 of 58
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Bullshit. Ban this spamming troll.

A spamming troll who happens to have almost eighty relevant posts.
  • Reply 12 of 58
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    This referral thing sometimes takes so much work it is probably better for your health to just damn well buy the thing like a normal person.
  • Reply 13 of 58
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattyj

This referral thing sometimes takes so much work it is probably better for your health to just damn well buy the thing like a normal person.

Yeah. I saw a news story about these programs one time and they are legit, however it just seems like too much work to be worth it.
  • Reply 14 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Would you be more comfortable with "A Spamming Regular"?

SPAM is SPAM no matter how you slice it and this IS clearly SPAM. Okay not clearly SPAM since he/she didn't need and/or wasn't requesting referrals (that would have clearly been spam) but stiil I would say that the author is inviting/tempting others to try to get their free laptop... Now would you really like to see 26929 more new topic created (with subjects/topics just like this one) asking for 'help' so they too can get their own laptop?

D
  • Reply 15 of 58
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Free?

How is it free if you have to work for it?
  • Reply 16 of 58
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Yeah. I saw a news story about these programs one time and they are legit, however it just seems like too much work to be worth it.

Considering most of them require those you refer to pay for trials, (at £10-15 a go), require the addresses of the referrals so that spam can be sent to them till the end of time, you would be lucky to get anything. It's a new way of companies tempting you to participate in their trial offers, ironically none of the trials you have to sign up for have anything to do with the product you are trying to obtain in the first place.

Nice idea in theory, horrendously annoying, time consuming and complicated in reality. In other words, complete crap. \
  • Reply 17 of 58
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

OK... how 'bout just "Bull". Rock solid B-U-L-L.

(self-edited)
  • Reply 18 of 58
    I'm not posting referral links so it's hardly spamming...

So much anger in this board, I was hopping you guys whould share in my excitement instead I get yelled at...

To those who say bullshit...say what you want..I'm typing this on a beautiful 15" MPB, I have nothing to prove to you...

MattyJ, I didn't pay a single penny for any of the offers. And I actually got free $20 paypal just for registering (an awesome little trick with uchalf)

I probably put in maybe 5-6 hours of work getting my friends on there and having my link listed on the uchalf site (to get more referrals). If you're making more than $400 an hour then this is definitely not for you. Otherwise why not. I have an eBook that I bought a while back showing how to do the MBP site quickly and efficiently, let me know if you want it.

edit: I can't belive how fast safari is, wow...launch time is ridiculous!
  • Reply 19 of 58
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The guy isn't pushing his referral link or a website. He's trying to say that the system can be beat.
  • Reply 20 of 58
    Quote:

The guy isn't pushing his referral link or a website. He's trying to say that the system can be beat.

(SNIP)

This is my major point:

Posting stuff like this only ENCOURAGES BAD BEHAVIOR and I for one think that because of that reason alone it should be frowned upon here at AI!

D