Apple on sale?!?!?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just heard a CompUSA ad talking about the "first ever sale on apple computers" "big savings..." so apperantly they plan to bend/break the Applestore price-$6 rule...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I thought Apple "resellers" could basically set their own price on products, no?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lakingsfn

I thought Apple "resellers" could basically set their own price on products, no?

Of course not. That's why they have to give away free printers and such. They have to follow the minimum advertisable price.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Maybe they are talking about old stock. I've seen online stores selling new G4 laptops, which Apple don't stock any more.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Just bought the 20" iMac Intel Duo Core for $1,614($85 off original $1,699 price) from them. They had an instant 5% off until the 12th but you never know, they could extend it maybe for school. Plus they were offering 24 months no interest on purchases over $799 I think.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by manzanaboy

Just bought the 20" iMac Intel Duo Core for $1,614($85 off original $1,699 price) from them. They had an instant 5% off until the 12th but you never know, they could extend it maybe for school. Plus they were offering 24 months no interest on purchases over $799 I think.

Yes, but that 5% was probably on any item in the store, or any qualifying item. You're allowed to do that.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    From the thread's title I thought you were discussing some rumor about Apple Computer being on sale... which seemed odd.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Several CompUSA stores are going out of business. The one here in my town has everything in the store for 10-30% off (except Bose). You can get a Mac on sale, essentially.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    didn't or still have sales at mircocenter. i believe they had and have a 100 dollar rebate. but the entir systems.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    It was 5% off ever apple computer until Aug. 12. I haven't seen any plans to extend that. Right now, instead of 24 months no interest, there is 18 months no interest