Wow, I actually did it...free MBP...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mordak

I have some friends that have gotten free ipods and what not from some of these ad gimmicks. takes a fair amount of referral work but hey.. free hardware

It takes screwing people over that you refer to us your friends, and it takes giving away your address info, which when used right is worth much more than just an OMG video iPod. Plus, it's work.

But it's "FREE"!
  • Reply 22 of 58
    why screwing people over?

I asked a few of my friends and they were happy to help out...I mean it doesn't cost them anything anyway.

And yes obviously you have to put time into this, but it's not like you're doing it 40 hours a week.

I did it within a week and a half and would guess about 5 hours maybe 6 total. If you look at it that way than it's not free...it's about $400 an hour...if you think that's not a good deal..then don't do it. I'm not asking you to do anything infact.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

A spamming troll who happens to have almost eighty relevant posts.

Did you look at those posts? Suffice it to say that this is not the first time he's had posts that vaguely advertise schemes like this....

He's either extremely clueless and gullible, or he's a spammer. Given that he's claiming to have "won" I vote for spammer.
  • Reply 24 of 58
    ok, I'm still not sure what I'm spamming but ok...

BTW this is how I figured this thread would go:

reply 1. Nice, congrats!

reply 2. Congratulation, that's a great machine!

reply 3. Hope you enjoy that MacBook pro!

Instead:

reply 1. You terrible human being.

reply 2. Bullshit you didn't get anything...you're spamming some nonexisting link that you posted..

reply 3. Look at his other posts...sometimes he says things in them and sometimes he asks questions...wow..definitely a spammer..

I'm not spamming. I worked hard got my MacBook Pro, I don't care if you do what I did...I'm just saying it's cool to finally have a MBP because I wanted one so much.

That's it.

No links, I didn't even post the site I did.. so get over it.
  • Reply 25 of 58
    Hey im post 3 - Shiz I love that you got it for free man!

I just want to buy your powerbook! Man hook me up - [email protected] msn/e-mail me if ya want aim, ichat, or anything else!
  • Reply 26 of 58
    Sorry DD..my sis got dibs on it..

She's actually just starting college so it worked out perfectly for her. She gets a nice 12" PB and I get a very convenient upgrade :-)
  • Reply 27 of 58
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Well sorry all the schemes here in the UK require that each referral pay for his or her trial, they are not free, and suffice to say no one is really willing to do it.
  • Reply 28 of 58
    arh noooooooooooo!

I need some type of mac thats oldish but cheap, but not to slow.

Anyone else got a old mac that will run OSX tiger fine with all the effects QE/CI etc?

Might make a topic for it.

Anyway, class with the MBP man - still holla at me on msn or w/e (yo got my email) so we can chat about your mac book pro :P
  • Reply 29 of 58
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    from lowendmac.com back in may : Yes, You Can Get a 'Free' Mac mini - but Is It Worth the Hassles?

Quote:

Hardy Menagh - 2005.12.15

Can you really get a Mac mini for free?

The short answer is: Of course not!

Here's the long answer.

You've seen the ads, possibly even on this site: Get a Palm, a gift card, an iPod, an iBook, or an Apple Mac mini for free. The list of these "free" items is endless...

• Reply 30 of 58
    Yes..it takes effort. You don't type in your zip code and they send you the item.

I might have mentioned that you get $20 paypal when you registered through uchalf, but they increased it to $40. So before you even get any referrals you get a free $40 paypal for registering and going green.
  • Reply 31 of 58
    May I suggest this thread be locked?
  • Reply 32 of 58
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Oh yeah, these are total pyramid schemes. Nothing more and nothing less. If anyone knows a 'free mac mini' site that doesn't involve getting friends to join up, let us know.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Bullshit. Ban this spamming troll.

Thats not spam. He gains nothing by posting this. He is not asking for referals.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

May I suggest this thread be locked?

You can suggest it all you wan't but isn't your post spam?

I'd take the original post over yours anyday.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    Wow! first post!!

Is there Any way to get these things w/ out typing in a credit card #???
  • Reply 35 of 58
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

I'd take the original post over yours anyday.

And what about the replies from CosmoNut, DaveGee, skatman, mattyj, Chucker, meelash & progmac?

Clearly you fellas are barking up the wrong tree here.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock

Wow! first post!!

Is there Any way to get these things w/ out typing in a credit card #???

You're not off to a nice start there.
  • Reply 37 of 58
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    Congrats Blackwind. *thumbsup*
  • Reply 38 of 58
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Well it's cool you've got a MBP, hope you have a lot of fun with it, it's just actually amazing you got it through one of those schemes.
  • Reply 39 of 58
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee

Would you be more comfortable with "A Spamming Regular"?

Okay not clearly SPAM since he/she didn't need and/or wasn't requesting referrals (that would have clearly been spam)

D

SpamSandwich - 0.5

Icfireball - 0.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Do Not Feed The Spammer.

(Interesting. It wouldn't let me do an all caps post....)

SpamSandwich - 1.5

Icfireball - 0.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skatman

Free?

How is it free if you have to work for it?

He said nothing about Spam. Penalty point for being wrong.

SpamSandwich - 1.5

Icfireball - 1.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattyj

Well it's cool you've got a MBP, hope you have a lot of fun with it, it's just actually amazing you got it through one of those schemes.

...Your not proving your case very well SpamSandwich... 1 point for me.

Quote:

This referral thing sometimes takes so much work it is probably better for your health to just damn well buy the thing like a normal person.

Mattyj just stating the simple fact that they programs are a lot of work. Nothing to do with the post being spam. 1 point for me.

Quote:

Considering most of them require those you refer to pay for trials, (at £10-15 a go), require the addresses of the referrals so that spam can be sent to them till the end of time, you would be lucky to get anything. It's a new way of companies tempting you to participate in their trial offers, ironically none of the trials you have to sign up for have anything to do with the product you are trying to obtain in the first place.

Nice idea in theory, horrendously annoying, time consuming and complicated in reality. In other words, complete crap. \

Mattyj said the referral programs SPAM you, he did not say the post was SPAM. One point for me.

Quote:

Well sorry all the schemes here in the UK require that each referral pay for his or her trial, they are not free, and suffice to say no one is really willing to do it.

Really SpamSandwich. This is getting old. 1 Point for me.

SpamSandwich - 1.5

Icfireball - 5.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by progmac

Oh yeah, these are total pyramid schemes. Nothing more and nothing less. If anyone knows a 'free mac mini' site that doesn't involve getting friends to join up, let us know.

The value of the program as nothing to do with the value of the post. Point for me

SpamSandwich - 1.5

Icfireball - 6.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

It takes screwing people over that you refer to us your friends, and it takes giving away your address info, which when used right is worth much more than just an OMG video iPod. Plus, it's work.

But it's "FREE"!

The effort required to succeed with one of these pyramid systems has nothing to do with the fact that the poster did succeed and wanted to tell people about it -- no doubt because he was excited about it and because it was a fairly time consuming process. I'll be nice, no point awarded

SpamSandwich - 1.5

Icfireball - 6.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Did you look at those posts? Suffice it to say that this is not the first time he's had posts that vaguely advertise schemes like this....

He's either extremely clueless and gullible, or he's a spammer. Given that he's claiming to have "won" I vote for spammer.

Ok, Ok, the point goes to you.

SpamSandwich - 2.5

Icfireball - 6.5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by progmac

This person appear to be interested if it didn't involve a pyramid scheme. Point for me.

FINAL SCORE:

SpamSandwich - 2.5

Icfireball - 7.5

Only be defensive if you have a case.
  • Reply 40 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

The effort required to succeed with one of these pyramid systems has nothing to do with the fact that the poster did succeed and wanted to tell people about it -- no doubt because he was excited about it and because it was a fairly time consuming process.

The only thing the poster "succeeded" in was proving ignorance.