Where Is SunilRaman?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi, a rather self-centered post. But just wanted to mention I am without Internet connection for now. Bipolar is getting quite messy as well. But I am still alive and kicking, for now. \

Hooray for Mac Pro and WWDC, I've only had one brief glance and hence minimal RDF exposure. But OMFG 4 drive bays!! 2Terabytes!! Good luck backing that shit up yeah? And told you all, no fracking SLI y'all. 3GHZ at last. Quad Core.

Okay, Peace Out to all of you, and take care. Internet cafe charges are usually not that fun, so that's all for now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Good to hear you're alright.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    Hope to see you soon! Good luck with all that stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    How do you say your name?

I always say Sunny Ray Man or Sunny Ramen.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've always figured it was something like soo NIL rah MAHN or SOO nil RAH mahn.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline

Ya, it's actually two words, I think-first name would be: soo NEEL

Oh yeah, good to hear from you. I was wondering where you disappeared to pre-WWDC. Was gonna start a thread myself if you hadn't showed up in a day or two....
  • Reply 6 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Take care of yourself, dude. I know it's a rough ride.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:

Ditto.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    ive thought there was some connection between 'sun' and 'ra' but maybe its just a name "Sunil Raman"
  • Reply 9 of 19
    I vote with MarcUK, but I would like to know the meaning. Course, I would like to know all the 'meanings' behind all the aliases, but ...

Suni,

Others have dealt with this. I survived a bout of depression. The sun comes up each day. The wind blows gently. The rain falls. Night come. The sun comes up each day.

Paz
  • Reply 10 of 19
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK

ive thought there was some connection between 'sun' and 'ra' but maybe its just a name "Sunil Raman"

Hey... Yeah that might be the case if I was Egyptian or something. Which would be kind of cool. My favourite Egyptian Gods are Anubis and Horus. They kick ass. But anyway I'm not middle eastern, even if I look so But maybe I look more Indian... so that is not so bad because the bad bad people are from Pakistan and India hates Pakistan and vice versa so US and India are on the same side WTF

no more laptops, PDAs and iPods on hand luggage to the UK. Mmmmm fun times waiting 2-3 hours for your flight - I guess we'll have to go back to old school - reading a book or magazine OMFG!!111one!!!one
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

That's the one - the latter pronounciation. Somewhere in my name there's a meaning there and proper proper pronounciation. But since my grandparents are immigrants from India to Malaysia like 80 years ago or something, I never really looked up on that traditional side of the naming stuff. And I'm half-Chinese anyway, from my mum's great-great-grandparents that came to Malaysia from China maybe like 150 years ago or something. Tamil, Hindi and Mandarin are important languages size wise (spoken in total by 2 billion people or so..!) I used to know some Tamil and Mandarin when young but I'm pretty much white trash with brown skin nowadays I mean here I am now in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, it's 2006 and caucasians are a huge majority. Much more than in Sydney or Melbourne... Also though a hell of a lot of dyed-blonde chicks up here. Maybe they think they're just "common stock" if they are all brunettes

Edit: Relevance of this is that my "formative years" 16-24 was spent in Western culture. With a sprinkling of alternative- latte- yoga- fight- the- power- incense- burning- stuff.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Okay thanks for all the input and AppleInsider luuuv My post count dropped! I think it's because they killed some WDDC-Frenzy threads?
  • Reply 13 of 19
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    How's the bipolar been? Hadn't had an update recently.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

How's the bipolar been? Hadn't had an update recently.

It's been a bit assed. Here in Brisbane, Australia I'm trying to keep myself occupied helping my parents do up their property to be sold. Knocked around a bit with memories from the uni days. So more up and down than when I was in Malaysia a few months before leaving for Oz.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hey... Yeah that might be the case if I was Egyptian or something. Which would be kind of cool. My favourite Egyptian Gods are Anubis and Horus. They kick ass. But anyway I'm not middle eastern, even if I look so But maybe I look more Indian... so that is not so bad because the bad bad people are from Pakistan and India hates Pakistan and vice versa so US and India are on the same side WTF

no more laptops, PDAs and iPods on hand luggage to the UK. Mmmmm fun times waiting 2-3 hours for your flight - I guess we'll have to go back to old school - reading a book or magazine OMFG!!111one!!!one

so who are you then? i cant remember seeing a photo - i think Indian culture is very cool. Im leaning towards Taweret. Geez - a hippo God, just looks so cool.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

so who are you then? i cant remember seeing a photo - i think Indian culture is very cool. Im leaning towards Taweret. Geez - a hippo God, just looks so cool.

Well, ethnically I mentioned earlier: "my grandparents on my dad's side are immigrants from India to Malaysia like 80 years ago or something... and I'm half-Chinese, from my mum's great-great-grandparents that came to Malaysia from China maybe like 150 years ago or something". So ethnically I am half-Chinese half-Indian.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

so who are you then? i cant remember seeing a photo...

My secret identity 8) has been revealed! Just google-Images "sunilraman" as one word.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    OK People. Still in the wilderness without broadband. Wish I had a magick WEP-encryption hacker with built in MAC address Spoofer. But I not so l337. Keep fighting the power*, y'all!

*Evil Windows World
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Heh. Just managed to wrangle some time in the Internet Cafe to see a bit of the WWDC Keynote. Halfway through. OMFG Time Machine? Boggles the mind still. I noticed the UI is going a bit metal-graphite-dark-greyish. Hmm.........

Quick check on the Mac Pro specs. Ports front and back are cool, 2 FW800 ports, 2 FW400 ports, 5 USB 2.0. Cool. Reports of the death of FW800 have been greatly exagerrated ...Pity about the nVidia Quadro option, the dual-GPU QuadroFX 4500 X2 would have been cool.

The "PowerMac" (Mac Pro) is now a gaming machine!! W00000t!!111!! nVidia's 7300GT 256mb is looking nice for medium-quality enjoyable playing of latest games. X1900 XT 512mb is quite badass without blowing the budget. I like the vRam on all the videocard options, although, only selection of 3 types of video cards

Okay gotta run Peace Out. Edit: Y'all probably heavily doing all the Dell comparisons on prices with all the different configurations.

Mmm.... My (hardware pr0n) wet dream:

$5,349.00

Estimated Ship:

3-4 weeks

* Two 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

* 4GB (4 x 1GB)

* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

[RAID 0 for UltraSpeedOneTerabyteWoot!]

* ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB (2 x dual-link DVI)

* One 16x SuperDrive

* Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse - U.S. English