Best Family Photo Scanning App?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all

About 8 months back a new app came out that let you add easy metadata to photos that you scanned specifically to make it easy to create a database of your family photos that could be grouped by person or time or place. It allowed you to set up a timeline to see the relationship of photos in ways that may not seem obvious with most other applications. It was easy, straightforward, allowed cool groupings (like the Photoproject), but had the "Mac look!"

and I can't remember its name. If anyone remembers it or has a suggestion for a similar program, I'd like hear about it.

Thanks.

It is so slow to Google for the app and see all of these clunky old also-ran Windows apps that make genealogy about as artistic and humane as a spreadsheet all because most people doing this are not very GUI sophisticated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
  • Reply 2 of 3
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGregor

About 8 months back a new app came out that let you add easy metadata to photos that you scanned specifically to make it easy to create a database of your family photos that could be grouped by person or time or place. It allowed you to set up a timeline to see the relationship of photos in ways that may not seem obvious with most other applications. It was easy, straightforward, allowed cool groupings (like the Photoproject), but had the "Mac look!"

and I can't remember its name. If anyone remembers it or has a suggestion for a similar program, I'd like hear about it.

The software you're thinking of is Memory Miner. If you have a large number of photos in which you can identify individuals, Memory Miner lets you do things like see a timeline of how "little Bobby" grew up to become "Bob," and then "Robert," and then "Grandpa Bobby."

It's an interesting idea that seems to be targeted to people who also have a geographically dispersed family (emphasis on mapping of photo locations).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Thanks Voxapps, that's the one!!!