Can anyone confirm if Leopard Preview is on ADC FTP Yet?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm thinking of buying a $500 ADC select account today for the purpose of downloading leopard. Anyone who is a select member know if it has been seeded yet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ksvksv Posts: 11member
    It isn't.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I actually did buy an ADC Select membership, both for the purpose of getting Leopard seeds and for the hardware discount. I've heard that Apple tends to ship the WWDC Preview DVDs out to members, and then put subsequent seeds on ADC. The ADC Seed Page at least leads some credence to this theory; it says, "Special sets of bootable discs are delivered to ADC Software Seed Key holders when appropriate."

Also, the Seed FAQ indicates that ADC Seed Update emails are sent once a week with information on new seeds available on the ADC site, as well as shipping information for physical seed media.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edibiase

I actually did buy an ADC Select membership, both for the purpose of getting Leopard seeds and for the hardware discount. I've heard that Apple tends to ship the WWDC Preview DVDs out to members, and then put subsequent seeds on ADC. The ADC Seed Page at least leads some credence to this theory; it says, "Special sets of bootable discs are delivered to ADC Software Seed Key holders when appropriate."

Also, the Seed FAQ indicates that ADC Seed Update emails are sent once a week with information on new seeds available on the ADC site, as well as shipping information for physical seed media.

How much discount do you get. I am trying to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to buy a Mac Pro through this route.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xUKHCx

How much discount do you get. I am trying to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to buy a Mac Pro through this route.

If you're interested in OS X software development then by all means join one of the 'fee type' memberships they are WELL WORTH the money. However if you're just looking to save some cash and aren't interested in OS X development then don't join you're really not going to save all that much if anything (perhaps save $100 if you buy a display with your computer) but if Apple feels the developer program is being abused they will have no choice but to take away the hardware discount for all but the most expensive programs. While I can't speak for anyone else I'm pretty sure most developers will feel the same way.

Dave