Limewire

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I want to delete it, i've done it before but this time it is telling me the item "limewire" cannot be moved to the trash because it cannot be deleted. However, I've removed the App from inside the folder, seems the folder itself just can't be deleted. Any info?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    is the file locked, if it is right-click or ctrl-click > get info then uncheck the locked box.

This happened to me with a file on my desktop which i was going to burn but cancelled.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJmastamind

I want to delete it, i've done it before but this time it is telling me the item "limewire" cannot be moved to the trash because it cannot be deleted. However, I've removed the App from inside the folder, seems the folder itself just can't be deleted. Any info?

Check your account settings to confirm that it's not automatically starting at login. If it is, remove it, logout, log back in, and then drag to the trash.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Thanks, I didn't notice but it is indeed locked, however it's not giving me the option of unchecking the box to unlock it. I've got the info applet, just can't check the box.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJmastamind

Thanks, I didn't notice but it is indeed locked, however it's not giving me the option of unchecking the box to unlock it. I've got the info applet, just can't check the box.

It's locked because it's probably running in the background. Did you follow my procedure to ensure it's not automatically started at logon?