iPod need help now!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I need help. Im trying to get my friends iPods fixed. Its stuck on "Hold" even though its not in hold. Its reset and still stayed on there, and I updated and no help. PLEASE HELP ME

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    try letting the battery totally run out, basically forcing a "restart" when the iPod is plugged back in. Next, take to Apple store. Under warranty? Next, smash.

• Reply 2 of 3
    ya i cant press restart because its in "hold" mode. and its just shuts off, so battery cant go out
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by son of Gib

try letting the battery totally run out, basically forcing a "restart" when the iPod is plugged back in. Next, take to Apple store. Under warranty? Next, smash.

I hope that's a joke and no one takes it seriously.

The hold switch might be fixable even if it's not under warranty. Try to find someone that's willing to pop open the cover and try to clean out the switch. Destroying it would be a tragedy. The iPods have plenty of good parts, just a good hard drive is often worth $100 or more.

I've even "fixed" one iPod with a seemingly dead hard drive by disconnecting re-seating the hard drive's connector, and I've seen comments on other boards that sometimes this fixes them.