A new look for OSx in Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
The black gradient look seems to be the in-thing for Leopard...no?

BENj

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenJ

I can see it going that way, especially with all the black used on the website to promo Leopard and intro the Mac Pro. Not to mention the use of the black gloss numbers for the "top 10" in the Keynote.

That is actually a pretty cool look sans the colored buttons on the finder window.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I can see it going that way, especially with all the black used on the website to promo Leopard and intro the Mac Pro. Not to mention the use of the black gloss numbers for the "top 10" in the Keynote.

That is actually a pretty cool look sans the colored buttons on the finder window.

Yeh this is my Photoshopped guess at what Leopard will look like. If you look into the past OSx releases the logo for X has somewhat represented the UI that lies within. I think the black and white gradient effect will definitely be prominent within this next release and the brush metal look will vanish into oblivion. (Probably closely followed by the brush metal MacPro, which will very probably be followed by a plastic/metalic black MacPro).

This is just an educated guess but looking at Mac history I guess it's highly likely.

BENj
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Apple won't do an All-black interface!!! I think the best we can hope for is a system-wide smooth metal. If u don't like it, u can always kaliedoscope the interface to be anything you want it to be.

Quote:

Yeh this is my Photoshopped guess at what Leopard will look like. If you look into the past OSx releases the logo for X has somewhat represented the UI that lies within. I think the black and white gradient effect will definitely be prominent within this next release and the brush metal look will vanish into oblivion. (Probably closely followed by the brush metal MacPro, which will very probably be followed by a plastic/metalic black MacPro).

This is just an educated guess but looking at Mac history I guess it's highly likely.

BENj

• Reply 4 of 22
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

BENj

If that happens, I will switch to Linux.

Why cant Apple make the OS theme-able from 3rd parties...everyone else does it and as we all know, Apple themselves cant do decent UI concistancy these days
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Quote:

BENj

Mabey ... check this out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uneasys...7594232222117/

Black gradient webclip widget ... could mean a new gui theme, or just mean another black widget.

If they do include this i hope you will be able to choose between; Classic Aqua (without metal) and Black Aqua (Blaqua?).
  • Reply 6 of 22
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf

Apple won't do an All-black interface!!! I think the best we can hope for is a system-wide smooth metal.

I agree. I wish they'd have a color picker too though. Most themes I've seen just change the color so why not make it an option. Then you can have black, grey, white etc if you want, all in smooth metal.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/2006...08120_full.jpg

BENj

Look, Aero Dark!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Well, you guys seemed to have FORGOTTEN about OS 9, which SOME OF US are STILL USING.

In OS 9, you could use the apperence Control panel to adjust colors to whatever you wanted, AND third partys could write themes for it easily
  • Reply 9 of 22
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Why would apple do this? The only reason i can see is to differentiate it from Vista.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

Why would apple do this? The only reason i can see is to differentiate it from Vista.

it is probaly more likley they would implement a theme chooser, just like os9. It would be a relly cool feature! And why they would do this? to give end users the ability to costumize their gui for their needs.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by officerdick

Mabey ... check this out

Black gradient webclip widget ... could mean a new gui theme, or just mean another black widget.

If they do include this i hope you will be able to choose between; Classic Aqua (without metal) and Black Aqua (Blaqua?).

How 'bout "Mac Blak"
  • Reply 12 of 22
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by user23

How 'bout "Mac Blak"

Visions of an AC/DC song from the 80's being re-written for a future Apple commercial - "The Mac Is black .. Yes ... the Mac is black... " - SHUDDER!!!

Dave
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by officerdick

Mabey ... check this out

That's the standard widget back design. Open up any of Apple's widgets and click the i to flip it.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee

Visions of an AC/DC song from the 80's being re-written for a future Apple commercial - "The Mac Is black .. Yes ... the Mac is black... " - SHUDDER!!!

• Reply 15 of 22
    Or "Return of the Mac"!!!
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock

Well, you guys seemed to have FORGOTTEN about OS 9, which SOME OF US are STILL USING.

I am sooo sorry. The thought of having to use OS 9 again makes me shudder.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

What for? Run out of AOL disks and need another coaster?
  • Reply 18 of 22
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

My condolences.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Extension hell- does anyone remember extensions manager, and all that, and having to work out which extension clashed with another to make your Mac completely screw up. Am I glad those days are over! Here are some more blasts from the past for you to enjoy:-

Chooser

Key Caps

Control Panels

Oh my god man get a new computer you don't know what your missing out on if you're still running 9!

BENj
  • Reply 20 of 22
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I've always wondered why there hasn't been a more varried color scheme in OS X like there is in Windows. In OS X you have blue and grey. It would be nice if the extended the skin further to include changing window style (aka brushed metal to iTunes look.