Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 61 of 403
    Haha. Two years ago I ordered a dual processor g5....but I got so pissed with the waiting time that I cancelled and got a pc instead.

Funny, I racked up over a hundred posts here and at macrumors during that time learning about macs.

I have come full circle...and so has Apple.
  • Reply 62 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Hallelujah for that.

Now ship my goddamn computer before I switch the other way.
  • Reply 63 of 403
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mordak

my cinema display was shipped from sacramento, to north salt lake utah, and its been sitting there for 2 days... i am so pissed. i dont even know why it went to utah, its like right there next to cali and it has much further to go.. mid west region actually. damn you fedex.

Utah is an important hub for shipping - FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc.... So is Indianapolis, etc.. One of those weird cases where shipping something out of the way helps it "get there faster."
  • Reply 64 of 403
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    Someone's mac pro with the x1900 better have shipped today... im dying here people. ahh
  • Reply 65 of 403
    Ugh same here. I'm gonna go send Prophet a PM about whether he's lying or not.

BTW, I just realized that it's only been a single week since I ordered mine... God knows what 3-5 weeks would do to me...
  • Reply 66 of 403
    Let me know what Prophet says.

btw, congrats on 5k posts
  • Reply 67 of 403
    I don't have 5000 yet.

Oh crap, yay!
  • Reply 68 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

So we pay the price of trading in the 7300GT in exchange for a card that works on both platforms.

Sorry, but are you saying that the X1900XT you get from Apple won't work with Windows?

edit: Okay, I get it: you're saying the version you can get from Buy.com won't work with OS X, right?
  • Reply 69 of 403
    I'm starting to think that the off-the-shelf X1900 XT will work, but leave it to somebody else first.
  • Reply 70 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

I'm starting to think that the off-the-shelf X1900 XT will work, but leave it to somebody else first.

Already paid for mine--I don't mind at this point. I just want the damn system!

Quote:

High-Security Freight Shipments

In particular, the company this week is said to be preparing for massive air-freight shipments from the Far East that are due to drop in the United States around the 5th of September.

Although sources were not specific as to what product(s) Apple is planning to move, the timeframe of the shipments coincides nicely with dates in which the Mac maker is believed to be ready to roll with its first Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pro notebook systems.

Hopefully that's not slowing our Mac Pros down... grrr
  • Reply 71 of 403
    WTF none have shipped yet? AHHHHHH
  • Reply 72 of 403
    This tracking sucks.

All I get is:

\t

\tDetails \t

\tAug 15, 2006 \t 5:45 AM \t

\t\t

\tDeparted FedEx location \t

\t\t

\tSACRAMENTO, CA \t

\t\t

\t \t

\tAug 14, 2006 \t 11:50 PM \t

\t\t

\tArrived at FedEx location \t

\t\t

\tSACRAMENTO, CA \t

\t\t

\t \t

\t \t \t

\t\t

\tPicked up \t

\t\t

\tSACRAMENTO, CA \t

\t\t

\t \t

\tAug 13, 2006 \t 8:04 PM \t

\t\t

\tPackage data transmitted to FedEx \t

So....it departed from Sacramento................a few days ago....that's about it.
  • Reply 73 of 403
    what video card did you order with your system?
  • Reply 74 of 403
    stock.

:-D
  • Reply 75 of 403
    son of a bitch....
  • Reply 76 of 403
    Mac Pro 2.66GHz w/ Airport, BT, 160GB, and x1900xt

Ordered yesterday, shipping 3-5 weeks.

!!!!! I got to order it!!!!!
  • Reply 77 of 403
    Just think. 5 weeks from now.....you guys will be using your awsome computers.

But tomorrow, tomorrow is my day.

Muahahhaha
  • Reply 78 of 403
    News: a bunch of people got their mildly-configured systems pushed to the 22nd, perhaps Apple ships configured-to-order Mac Pros out in mass shipments to the United States and they want the X1900 XT equipped ones to go out in the same shipment rather than get pushed back another week?
  • Reply 79 of 403
    22nd of August? Or September?
  • Reply 80 of 403
    August. So we might hope for them then.