Do you use a case with your iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
By "case," I mean something that you leave on the iPod while using the clickwheel, etc. So the Apple "Sock" would not count. (As if anyone actually owns those things )

If you answer "no" please hop over to my other poll, "Does your unprotected iPod get scratched?"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    I do use the funny little pocket thing that came with my nano. It seems to help a ton with keeping my nano clean and scratch free.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    becbec Posts: 68member
    With my first 20 GB iPod I bought a little rubber case off eBay for like $4. With my new 30 GB video, I uh, never took the plastic sheet off the top of the iPod, haha. I found most scratches were found on the front. Plus we can't have a dirty screen.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

I do use the funny little pocket thing that came with my nano. It seems to help a ton with keeping my nano clean and scratch free.

Just for clarification because I'll be getting a Nano soon- is that the iPod Sock you're referring to?

Does it come with one of them in the box? Or did you buy it separately.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bec

With my first 20 GB iPod I bought a little rubber case off eBay for like $4. With my new 30 GB video, I uh, never took the plastic sheet off the top of the iPod, haha. I found most scratches were found on the front. Plus we can't have a dirty screen.

Yeah, that's smart. I do that when I buy a new watch although it usually doesn't last really long...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Just for clarification because I'll be getting a Nano soon- is that the iPod Sock you're referring to?

Does it come with one of them in the box? Or did you buy it separately.

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/...50&sz=1,00.jpg

That is actually what I'm referring to. I think it's actually called a sleeve or something. My mistake. It is quite nice actually. It really alleviates the need for me to purchase a separate case.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/...50&sz=1,00.jpg

That is actually what I'm referring to. I think it's actually called a sleeve or something. My mistake. It is quite nice actually. It really alleviates the need for me to purchase a separate case.

Thanks. What's the inside like? Does it have a soft lining? Or is it just one material inside and out?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Thanks. What's the inside like? Does it have a soft lining? Or is it just one material inside and out?

Soft lining. The best I can describe is felt like. It's not quite felt, higher quality. Now that we are analyzing every bit about it, the only complaint I have is that the stitching seems a little shoddy. One of the bottom corners has started to come undone.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Haha...meelash...are you trying to use it for your OTHER nano???
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Haha...meelash...are you trying to use it for your OTHER nano???

That's exactly thinking when I read that. I do know some who tried it and his nano fit. Although, with how small the sleeve is I think I would call it a pico. The iPod Nano fits very VERY snugly in it's sleeve.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    You forgot an option. I put a LCD protection sheet on the face of my nano. I replace it about every 3-4 months. It works flawlessly.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I've got a hard shell on my 4G. For my next iPod, possibly a 5G if I get a mac before Sept 16, I'll probably put one of these on it (hopefully it'll work in dock accessories like car chager/fm modulator combos). I've got one on my digi cam and it's pretty sweet.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I have a bulky skin from Spec but it can't use it with my mm50 from Logitech. So I got one of those clear plastic overlays and that has worked perfectly. No case, no scratches, $14.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

You forgot an option. I put a LCD protection sheet on the face of my nano. I replace it about every 3-4 months. It works flawlessly.

Doesn't count as a cover for the purposes of this poll...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I've got a hard shell on my 4G. For my next iPod, possibly a 5G if I get a mac before Sept 16, I'll probably put one of these on it (hopefully it'll work in dock accessories like car chager/fm modulator combos). I've got one on my digi cam and it's pretty sweet.

Yeah, that looks really nice, thnx for the link.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    No, I haven't used a case with my 20gig photo ipod, and I am regretting it now. I'm in desparate search of a case, and yes it's scratched.