How to convert TO WMA....???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Howdy all... I am a n00b here and to Mac's. Made the switch back in June and couldn't be happier.. I am still getting used to everything though. Good news is I have influenced 3 of my friends to sell their PC's and buy Mac's

Anyway, here is the point of this thread... I recently switched to Verizon Wireless and bought the LG VX9800 ("The V")... I bought a miniSD card for it and plan on listening to music on it as I walk to and from class. However, the problem is that the phone ONLY ACCEPTS WMA format... So I have to find a way to convert my music to WMA when I put it on there... Verizon has a package of software and other stuff, but they only work on Windows computers

Does anyone know of an Audio Converter that converts music (OGG, AAC, MP3... etc) TO WMA format??

Thanks very much!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr_emr_e Posts: 40member
    http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

I have used it to convert files to wmv, avi, DVD compatible formats.

They worked fine on a Pocket PC and a PSP.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mr_emr_e Posts: 40member
    Oops..just reread your post.. this was for video.

It will do the audio conversions as well, but there is probably a better audio only app out there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr_E

http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

I have used it to convert files to wmv, avi, DVD compatible formats.

They worked fine on a Pocket PC and a PSP.

• Reply 3 of 6
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Forgive me if this doesn't apply to your phone, GreenMarine, but it's safe and worth a shot. In other LG phones their is a secret menu, to get to it you open the regular menu, then press the "0" key. It will ask for a password, the password is all 0's, e.g. "0000000".

Then you'll be in the secret menu, where there is an option to allow mp3's to play.

Note: DRM's still probably won't work, that is music purchased from iTunes, unless you first get rid of the DRM.

Let us know how it works.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    What about EasyWMA?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Forgive me if this doesn't apply to your phone, GreenMarine, but it's safe and worth a shot. In other LG phones their is a secret menu, to get to it you open the regular menu, then press the "0" key. It will ask for a password, the password is all 0's, e.g. "0000000".

Then you'll be in the secret menu, where there is an option to allow mp3's to play.

Note: DRM's still probably won't work, that is music purchased from iTunes, unless you first get rid of the DRM.

Let us know how it works.

Thanks VERY MUCH for this!!! I just went to that menu and it worked!!! I have yet to try MP3's but am uploading some onto my card at the moment and will be trying in a few minutes!! Thanks again!!!... I wonder if this works for the Motorola V3m Razor (the latest version with a microSD card)... My Girlfriend has a V3m and wants to play music as well.. She too has an iMac just like me...

Thanks again and I'll test it out in a few seconds!!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Yep!!! It works!!! Thanks again very very much!!!