Briefly: Apple preparing for fall product launches

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Not that Apple even gives battery life ratings on their laptops anymore...

Then again they're not even "laptops". Their "notebooks". Laps beware!
  • Reply 42 of 48
    I'm in a bind with one of these MacBooks because my oldest daughter has her birthday on Sept. 7th. a week too early.

I may consider an Apple Store gift certificate or a home made MacBook IOU so that she can still take advantage of any upgrades.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I just don't think the MacBooks are going to get there until January. The MBP's probably will get the newer processors first. MWSF is a good place to update the MB's.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

I just don't think the MacBooks are going to get there until January. The MBP's probably will get the newer processors first. MWSF is a good place to update the MB's.

I don't know if Apple can get away with waiting that long for the MacBooks, but I do agree that the upgrades are going to be done in two steps, with the Pro's at least 2 weeks before the consumer variety.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Oh hells no!

One of the good things about going with Intel is we know when new processors are coming out, and for Apple to be competitive with all these Dells they enjoy comparing with they had better keep up with them. If processor X comes out next month, I don't expect to see it in Janurary from Apple. Makes no sense.

Time to spin those wheels Apple and crank out updates.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I think the iMac might get a redesign by/at Paris. My only basis for this thought (not that it needs it really) is that Paris will be two years since the introduciton of the G5 iMac which was introduced about two years after the G4 iMac. Like I said, it's not really needed, but I think it's possible -- especially with a move to the Core 2 Duo chipset.

It wouldn't surprise me. I think Apple has been holding their breath waiting for users to get used to the intel idea, and they have new designs to match a whole new intel strategy just waiting to thrill us.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

It wouldn't surprise me. I think Apple has been holding their breath waiting for users to get used to the intel idea, and they have new designs to match a whole new intel strategy just waiting to thrill us.

I hope it involves the Multi-Point touch screen technology developed by Jeff Han. An iMac with a detachable screen. I need one of these yesterday but i'm sure we will have to wait another 3-5 years; especially software wise. God damn

http://www.ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalks....cfm?key=j_han
  • Reply 48 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think it's going to include a new iPod, Phone, and a Home Media center sometime this coming year. I hope it has a convertible tablet.