Apple Press Conference Sept 25

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    1 month away....

That is really depressing, oh well. I wonder what things can be dreamt up before then, only to have 1 or 2 things announced that were expected
  • Reply 2 of 25
    Photokina? Well, we got pro desktops, so I would guess this'll be updates to pro software.... not much more here.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    Aperture update. Because its a photography show.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    Great, can't wait to lay my hands on the improved aperture 2.0!

Anyone have an opinion as to what would be updated and how much the price for an update would be?
  • Reply 5 of 25
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    They'll do a Photobooth 2.0 demo.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    I'm not sure that there's much to get excited over with this. Apple are really trying to make inroads back into the photographic market with their new computers and software. It used to be that an Apple was the standard computer to get, then the decision of what software to use was the tricky one.

Now, a PC is (unfortunately) the default computer for almost any buyer, home or pro. But Apple do have a good product, and touting it, along with a significant update to Apature will easily pay for itself in high-end purchases.

David
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice

I've been playing with Aperature 1.1(?) on a friend's intel imac... Man, I dig that program. I hope they keep it up to date, usefull, cool, AND keep it from getting too bloated.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

It might be a clear opportunity to announce a MacBook Pro update. There is some precedence, the PowerBook was updated, G5 Quad and Aperture was announced at PhotoPlus 2005.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/19/l...lus-expo-2005/
  • Reply 9 of 25
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

very true,

That's it.

Any update in processor speed on MacBook and MacBOOK PRO will happen along the way on tuesday without much fanfare.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Please offer better thread titles in the future. Putting Photokina in the title would have helped.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    New iPod with a camera anyone? I really woldn't be suprised if that was the next direction Apple went in, along with the fullscreen. That would really boost their product in a way no mp3 player has gone before.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Aperture 2 and a bit of self-congratulatory fluff about shipping Mac Pros with high-end video cards in volume.

Now you can stop guessing.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff

New iPod with a camera anyone? I really woldn't be suprised if that was the next direction Apple went in, along with the fullscreen. That would really boost their product in a way no mp3 player has gone before.

The chances of this happening at Photokina are somewhere along the lines of the chances of seeing an iLife update at WWDC.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    OMG Apple is releasing a white digital SLR called the iPhot.. oh wait... erm.

Cool glad to seem them at more media indusrty trade shows. Media is afterall one of their specialties.

I've never tried Aperture but is it supposed to be some sort of Photoshop replacement? If so that probably wouldn't make Adobe too happy. Didn't they stop producing Premiere after Apple announced Final Cut Pro?
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff

Yes, and more importantly, professionally photographers would LOVE IT. In fact, they're all really sad that Photokina isn't iPodkina.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

I've never tried Aperture but is it supposed to be some sort of Photoshop replacement? .

No, Aperture is not a Photoshop replacement.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    ghstmarsghstmars Posts: 140member
    aperture is more or so competing with lightroom
  • Reply 18 of 25
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag

No, Aperture is not a Photoshop replacement.

Ain't you gonna be surprised on the 25th!
  • Reply 19 of 25
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    My guess is Aperture 1.5 or version 2.0. It was announced Oct 19 of last year meaning they could announce a new version that is shipping in a month and be exactly a year from the original ship date.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    <Dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth that Aperture will not see an update. After the debacle surrounding version 1.0 and 1.1, recall that Apple disbanded the entire development team. Sixish months is likely too short a time to do the full rebuild that Aperture requires. Recall that it was said that the code was "a mess".

Rather, at Photokina, we will see the introduction of new display technology. Apple will combine their current Cinema Displays with either a dedicated or a BTO option of a Wacom Penabled digitizer. Making this a standard feature on their displays will revolutionize the way that photographers interact with their computers and their photos.

Apple's displays are currently priced at the top end of what the market will bear, yet LCD prices are dropping rapidly. By adding the relatively innexpensive digitizer option, Apple will be adding tremendous value to it's products and will be able to maintain high profit margins. This in addition to adding yet another distinctive feature to one of it's product lines.

Predicto hath SPOKEN!!!

<Dives for the bomb shelter!!>